How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

One so far, Veera laid her tenth egg in a row. She is showing signs of going broody though, so it might soon stop (after just 3 weeks of laying). Viiru broke the record yesterday, producing our biggest egg yet, a whopping 36 grams, bringing yesterdays total to 2 eggs, and 26 for all time egg production with 824 grams of egg produced so far. Now we're down to about 1200€ per kilo of egg, or about 40€ per egg.

Yeaah, unless you're running a business, you probably don't want to know your cost per egg!
th.gif

LOL

Omg!!!!
Ps what's a swamp cooler?
Hope it's okay if I answer this, because mine is running already this morning. It's like a reverse air conditioner. An AC cools by removing warm humid air from a space (simplified, of course) and replacing it with dry, cooler air. A swamp cooler cools by adding humidity to the air - water flows into it, a small octopus looking thingy sprays that water onto pads, and a fan blows that cooled, moist air into the house. AC's great for humid areas, swamper's great for those of us in dry, hot parts of the country. With an AC you want windows closed tight, with a swamper you want to have a couple of windows on opposites sides open.

4/12 yesterday but internet went down as I was posting this!.. c'mon girls you're of age now! What's funny is 5 of my girls are the same age and the two tiniest ones are laying and the huge ones are not.

Quote:
A swamp cooler is a big metal box that hangs on the side of a building and has water in the bottom of it and a water pump inside pumps the water to the top to allow the water to run down some pads and a big turning fan inside the swamp cooler spins fast to pull in some air as the air passes through the wet pads the air is cooled off and pushed into the room cool of the surrounding area and lowering the temp by 5 to 10 degrees and raising the humidity in the room ....

Nice colors! I love the pink egg! What variety laid it?
The pink was laid by a Buff Orpington. It's probably closer to a super light tan, but the bloom sure gives it a clearly pink color. Every one she's laid has been this color. Got one yesterday and another one just like it this morning. These are her first eggs, so I'm sure when her egg factory is running at optimum we may lose some of that pink, but I'm loving it while I have it!

8 Chicken egg's before Noon to day ...
D.gif

It was only 110 F by 10:30 that is when I checked on the front porch and yes that is in the shade not the sun ....

Was out checking the coop and all the lady's were standing around the water jug and one looked kind of lazy half laying on her side so I walked over just to make sure and she had a cut on her right foot so I took her in and tried to clean her up and she did good till I started pulling off all the feathers that had stuck to the wound so I did the best I could and put some Bactine spray on the foot and let her rest in the back room and will give her some more attention later after she settles down some ......

gander007
old.gif

First egg! I think it's from a 17 week old leg'ern but not sure.

What I think (thought?) is a young roo exited the coop doing an egg laying call and one of my white leghorns answered and they called back and forth.

It this how chickens behave when one lays an egg, two calling back and forth?

2 duck eggs, one blue egg, 2 lt brown/tan eggs and one blush egg.
I have one black Australorp hen,
3 EE' hens 2 white, one shades of brown/grey
1 Salmon Favorolle hen
1 Cornish cross hen
1 Red Production, I forgot her. LOL
I had more but a raccoon has been hanging around.
I have a lot of chicks, oldest about 8 weeks. Still going to be a while for eggs from them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom