How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Saturday's eggs (we had a HUGE BBQ on the on our property, up on the mountain top yesterday/last night! My chickens and ducks were chased relentlessly by a rabid pack of humans under 3 feet tall!
lau.gif

The ducks actually seemed to enjoy the attention......however, they went to bed an hour earlier than usual...probably to escape!
roll.png
I am exhausted!!!
th.gif
I also had another chick hatch, I think it's another mutt....it doesn't look pure CCL, I think it's another Easter Bar......dang blue egg layin' Easter Eggers, I cannot tell one of their eggs apart from the Cream Legbar's eggs, so I incubate them accidentally....Good thing they are Ridiculously adorable!!!
love.gif

Chickens:
12/17/17
4 Brown (Red Stars)
6 blue/green/olive
2 white

Duck:
2/3/3

Last edited:
I just pulled out my calendar because I couldn't remember exactly when I bought them. It turns out that I bought them about 9 weeks ago. Only 1 of them is still alive. I bought them at Buchheit's ( a local farm & home store). I believe they got them from Ideal Poultry. The one that is left hasn't been picking on the Black Astrolorp like the rest had been.
I went back and reread your post because it's been a hectic week and I see where you said you only have one left. I need to sleep for 2 days to recover!

I'm glad the last one seems OK, but you sure had a bad experience with the Leghorns!!! I searched "aggressive Leghorns" here on BYC's and there were a lot of posts where people had trouble....I am so surprised by it!

8 from 11 but one was a tiny white only pullett first lay type! Some are just nearing the pol.

And one girl is acting like possible egg bound issue (a semi upright stature) but didn't feel any egg yet. She commonly lays too large and double yolkers. Will have to cull her by mid summer if it doesn't improve if not before. Though double yolk eggs are fun to open and cook it isn't fair to the hens health to pass such large ones and she can't be part of the breeding group.

Back
Top Bottom