How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

My layers were slacking today. I only got 2 eggs from each coop for a total of 4 eggs from 15 layers.
Maybe they are as tired of all this rain as I am! The mud increases the smell and flies. I keep trying to find ways to help dry out the ground, but I'm not having much luck with the torrential downpours we've been having daily. Oh well, by July I'll probably complain about how dry it is.

4 chicken egg's today
wink.png

It was only 109 F degrees today
droolin.gif

Had a domestic cat checking out the goslings late last night, maybe he will have better luck in his next life as a hunter
th.gif

We have 17 hens. After their 1st molt (they are 14mos now) we have been getting 15 eggs a day. However, since about 2.5 weeks ago we have been averaging about 5 eggs a day!
sad.png
We had an issue with black snakes, I finally caught 2 5ft snakes last week and took them far, far away. Now we have been getting about 8-9 eggs a day. It's been about 90 every day since the decrease has taken place. I'm wondering if they are laying their eggs somewhere in the woods behind our house. We did find 11 eggs in our ornamental grass about a month ago. I've looked everywhere I can think of on our property and haven't found any. I don't know if the slow down is due to the heat, the snake issue or something else or if there is a huge pile of eggs somewhere out there in all the poison ivy in the woods.
idunno.gif

We have 17 hens. After their 1st molt (they are 14mos now) we have been getting 15 eggs a day. However, since about 2.5 weeks ago we have been averaging about 5 eggs a day!
sad.png
We had an issue with black snakes, I finally caught 2 5ft snakes last week and took them far, far away. Now we have been getting about 8-9 eggs a day. It's been about 90 every day since the decrease has taken place. I'm wondering if they are laying their eggs somewhere in the woods behind our house. We did find 11 eggs in our ornamental grass about a month ago. I've looked everywhere I can think of on our property and haven't found any. I don't know if the slow down is due to the heat, the snake issue or something else or if there is a huge pile of eggs somewhere out there in all the poison ivy in the woods.
idunno.gif

You could try keeping them in the coop for a day or 2 to see if they are really laying more than the 8 or 9 you're getting.
Laying eggs in poison ivy would be the perfect hiding place. I'm very allergic to it!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom