How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

They need roosters cheering them on!!! LOL
haha that's so funny.
We got a BCM roo that had been raised with the girls, decided to keep him even though he turned out to be a roo. But on Tuesday found him a new home. King Titan was put in jail about 3 or so wks ago due to his aggressiveness towards the girls and my husband (and rest of boys) nearly killing several girls (not by mounting them, purely attacking them while they were scratching).
He was an amazing protector and took care of them great till about 20 wks.
We have 16 of the girls laying but not all lay every day-as you can tell by numbers. Don't know why. I know about the days shortening. But it's not cold or even cool most days yet with this Indian summer.

Got 2 yesterday. May be from the same gen though.
1f633.png

Only 2 eggs yesterday
1f61f.png
. But I guess it's OK since I probably stressed them out a lot moving rock into the coop area, I still have to do the run but I needed to create a heavy base in the coop since it's so dry in there and the chickens have started digging under the walls. It also really worries me becuase the pile of rock that I have (almost 2 cubic yards) was from another area of the yard that I didn't want rock. But it's been sitting in th pile now for 2-3 years and is so full of earth worms. Having just gone through treating the girls for intestinal worms I really wanted to get the rocks moved and packed as quickly as possible they wouldn't find the earthworms and start forging like there is no tomorrow. I think I succeeded for the most part though I won't be as lucky when I move more to some of the wet areas of the run later.

Fortunately like I said the coop it's self is really dry so the rock material should dry out rather quickly. At least before it gets really cold here in Dec and Jan.

Back
Top Bottom