How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Just to make you more envious, we had 84 and sunshine here today
cool.png

Plus, 5 eggs from 7 hens. One of them was a stunning whopper weighing 80 grams, probably laid by Cream Puff. Normally my chickens lay eggs weighing around 45 - 50 grams. Maybe that's a double yolker or double shell - we'll see...

That's sad too. We all know it's the chicks who will suffer. They may survive but not be as vigorous as they should be or they may just not make it. ( Then, I'm sure it would be all your fault (as seen through the eyes of your neighbor)
th.gif

15 eggs today. Haven't seen any little chicks yet, but also have not lifted broody off of the nest. I may do that tonight when I lock everyone up.

Yes karenerwin, it really is a shame people actually miss treat animals or neglect them with out realizing what they are doing and the disgusting part is when the individuals just won't listen to good info and I have only working with chickens for 50 years and hatching for 40 years and I realize I am not perfect but I have been raising poultry in Death Valley Ca. for the last 15 years so I probable the last person to listen to .

Tuesday eggs collection

Chicken eggs found 10
clap.gif

Turkey eggs found 1
pop.gif

Goose is still sitting on her eggs and when she got up this morning to go sit in the plastic water tub to get totally soaked then eat a little and right back to her nest ,,,, So funny to watch oh I could see 12 eggs and there was not time to take a photo
love.gif

Temps low 80's with a soft breeze ......

Quote:
GeeGi, thank you I was thinking the same thing , Today the BLM guys came out to investigate and there is really no law saying a person cant shoot a wild Burro, Donkey , or horse, mule,,, but shooting an animal and leaving it to rot is a crime and yes there are people who shoot and eat these beautiful animal and yes they are communicating with BLM when they do such things that I haven't a problem with and I know there are over 40 that I have counted just in my little valley to my working claim and the worst part is all this land is Protected Wild Life Reserve . Now there is a population control situation with this being desert lands so I understand the need for this rounding them up each year and registered hunters who will eat horse meat but I have never been able to stomach the scentless killing or wounding of animals .. Anyway I very much thank you for the response as it really lets me know I am not the only one who cant stand such garbage acts of cruelty .

GeeGi, thank you I was thinking the same thing ,  Today the BLM guys came out to investigate and there is really no law saying a person cant shoot a wild Burro, Donkey , or horse, mule,,, but shooting an animal and leaving it to rot is a crime and yes there are people who shoot and eat these beautiful animal and yes they are communicating with BLM when they do such things that I haven't a problem with and I know there are over 40 that I have counted just in my little valley to my working claim and the worst part is all this land is Protected Wild Life Reserve .   Now there is a population control situation with this being desert lands so I understand the need for this rounding them up each year and registered hunters who will eat horse meat but I have never been able to stomach the scentless killing or wounding of animals .. Anyway I very much thank you for the response as it really lets me know I am not the only one who cant stand such garbage acts of cruelty .   

Aren't they good for keeping away coyotes and other animals when you have chickens, horses, etc? If I lived there I would take one. Why don't they round them up for ranchers or domething to get rid of them. My son let a dog off a chain, the poor thing had no tree for shade and no water, called it outside the gate and it followed him home. We found a wonderful home for him, the little thing got to go everywhere his new owner went and slept inside in his own room. My son is a thief, what can I say? SNICKER

Definitely ear muffs, one more than the other... not sure about beards, their heads are still fuzzy but looking rather unkepmt (like a bad hair day). Tails are shorter than the BO & cuckoos at this point but not truly tail-less. Legs are slate on the one that is all white. The other is ever so subtly buff, hers might be green, but it is a slate green. I just wanted to make sure I would still get a colored egg as opposed to white if they are indeed WL crossed with Ameraucana. Thanks!
Ok, thanks for the additional information. I still think they sound like Easter Eggers and as such you would get colored eggs. Now you just have to wait to see what color!

Yes karenerwin, it really is a shame people actually miss treat animals or neglect them with out realizing what they are doing and the disgusting part is when the individuals just won't listen to good info and I have only working with chickens for 50 years and hatching for 40 years and I realize I am not perfect but I have been raising poultry in Death Valley Ca. for the last 15 years so I probable the last person to listen to .

Tuesday eggs collection

Chicken eggs found 10
clap.gif

Turkey eggs found 1
pop.gif

Goose is still sitting on her eggs and when she got up this morning to go sit in the plastic water tub to get totally soaked then eat a little and right back to her nest ,,,, So funny to watch oh I could see 12 eggs and there was not time to take a photo
love.gif

12 goose eggs! That would be really neat if they all hatch.

I agree with you, shooting an animal to eat it is one thing, but just shooting it because is intolerable.

I wish it was sunny and 80 here! They are calling for 1-3 inches of snow here over Thur night then 60s Sat. Welcome to spring in Ohio.
Wow, 1 to 3 inches of snow. My daughter won't be happy to hear that! She is in Bowling Green, OH, but is actually coming home tomorrow. She has informed me that our weather is calling for 80's. I told her to dress for rain because we have had so much rain in the past week+.

17 eggs today and definitely some chirping coming from under nest number 1. I couldn't see anything, but she had herself lifted up some and was moving eggs around and looking under her. A couple of the other hens were coming over to see what was going on too. They could hear the chirping also!! When I looked last night, she was sitting on 12 eggs (there were only 6 in the original nest). We'll see how many hatch. I'm sure not all of them because the are staggered and I don't know by how many days. However, I think some may be by 10 days or so.
ep.gif

love.gif

12 goose eggs! That would be really neat if they all hatch.

I agree with you, shooting an animal to eat it is one thing, but just shooting it because is intolerable.

Karenerwin, ya that would be a mad house with a dozen goslings running around
yippiechickie.gif
barnie.gif

Wednesday eggs found

Chicken eggs 9 found
smile.png

Turkey eggs found 2
big_smile.png

Temp 84F degrees and clear skys but clouds moving in during the late evening hours .. I do need to watch the heat this year or spend more time in the VA Hospital with all them young interns and as fun as it sounds it is rather depressing staying in bead with all them ducks and geese out in the pond that goes half way around the Hospital and nice shade trees ..

Back
Top Bottom