How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Sorry to hear about your Turkeys.I would hate to lose mine.There a big investment.
Im not sure How many we got today but we sold 4 dozen at the country store for $3 and Tera and I both had a Ice cream so we gave the man one more.
4 at the road for $5 I gave Tera 8 so I got chicken feed money!
(Tera is my eight year old granddaughter )

@Spartan22 I sold my cockerel Blue at auction a month ago but
seem to acquire more with him gone :confused: had to put up a 3rd coop

Whoah third coup? I saw this one property on the way to work the other day and they must have around 8 coup sheds, kind of far from what I originally wanted/planned having 3 laying chickens lol, now we have close to 50, time to finish up converting the kids swing set to coop/run.

8 sheds.............. @Spartan22 now that is a job no thanks three is enough this is number three the cockerel coop is quite small for like 4 birds the #3 will take 8 to 10 easily 001.jpg 005.jpg

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 5
16 eggs today. Went to the feed store. They only had white turkeys & white palm turkeys left. We bought the last 3 white broad breasted turkeys. They are about a month younger than the 2 bronze turkeys that survived. The 3 new birds are in the brooder for the next month or so. Added a better, more water tight roof to coop #3. That's going to be the turkey coop.

Out of 7 hens I am getting 4-5. My two brahmas are slacking. All are 2 yrs old. Is it possible that they will start later?

Out of 7 hens I am getting 4-5. My two brahmas are slacking. All are 2 yrs old. Is it possible that they will start later?
At 2 yrs old, your chickens will start slowing down some on egg laying ( depending on the breed). So if you were use to getting eggs 6 days out of 7 from all 7 hens, now you may be getting 5 eggs a day. Some of the egg layers may be taking 2 or more days off during the week instead of just 1. I am not familiar with the laying habits of Brahmas.

Welcome to BYC, by the way!:frow

Back
Top Bottom