How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

13 eggs today. Gave them all of the spinach I pulled out of the garden. I think I left a couple of spinach plants but they will come out in another couple of days at the most. I want to build a green frame to put out in the chicken yard and grow grass or something under it that the chickens can eat and get fresh greens but not be able to dig up the roots. Hopefully, I will get that done either this week or next week.

I have 6 hens and am getting 4 eggs a day. Here's my latest batch that is ready for my one customer. Can someone help me figure out which eggs are coming from which hens? I have 2 Welsummers (I think...thought they were RIR, but recently was informed they look like Welsummers), 2 Dominiques and 2 Buff Orpingtons (I think). These were my first 6 hens and I just went with what the old farmer told me he was giving me. I'm learning little by little and think I know who's giving me each kind of egg...but am curious for some opinions.
The 6 hens...
chicks4.jpg

Their eggs...
eggs.jpg

I also have 7 pullets that have about 8 more weeks before they start laying...can't wait to see what their eggs will be like!

Thank you for any help/input you can give me!

I have 6 hens and am getting 4 eggs a day. Here's my latest batch that is ready for my one customer. Can someone help me figure out which eggs are coming from which hens? I have 2 Welsummers (I think...thought they were RIR, but recently was informed they look like Welsummers), 2 Dominiques and 2 Buff Orpingtons (I think). These were my first 6 hens and I just went with what the old farmer told me he was giving me. I'm learning little by little and think I know who's giving me each kind of egg...but am curious for some opinions.
The 6 hens...
View attachment 1825886
Their eggs...
View attachment 1825887

I also have 7 pullets that have about 8 more weeks before they start laying...can't wait to see what their eggs will be like!

Thank you for any help/input you can give me!

Welsummers lay the dark ones, other end of the carton the BR another brown lighter will be RIR others escape me sorry

4 hens, 4 eggs every day. They never take a day off!

Had to trash 4 cuz they're on antibiotics. Thats painful.

That really does stink Sorry

Back
Top Bottom