How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

7 of 7.JPG

7 of 7 today

I crack them into a silicone muffin pan- one egg per hole. Then put the muffin pan on a cookie sheet and freeze. When frozen, put them in a freezer bag, removing as much air as I can, then wrap in aluminum foil. I write date and content on packag.
So I did this last week, with the exception of adding a little salt to each. (I read that on multiple sites that the salt will help keep the yoke from thickening and changing its texture. Supposedly you can use sugar, too.) I took them out of the freezer, thawed them in fridge overnight, and tries to use them yesterday. The salt trick did NOT work. Yoke was thick and rubbery. I ate two anyways, and they tasted fine, but I do not think the rest of my family will care for them since they prefer over easy eggs. I cooked up the rest for my chickens who could use some extra protein due to molting. I can't see that doing eggs this way will work for adding to recipes, like batters and such?

When I froze these eggs, I also took a couple of dozen and lightly scrambled them, put them in a Ziploc, and froze them. I hope they cook up well.

Any advice? 😊

Back
Top Bottom