How many eggs do you EAT a week?

On the days I work I fry up 3 egg whites (my dogs get the yolks) for an english muffin sandwhich. So probably 12 a week just for me. Any that are filthy dirty I feed back to the chickens after cooking them up, along with the shells I save for them (Have never had my chickens try to eat their freshly laid eggs EVER) Hubby probably only eats two a week......does anyone have a link to the benefits (lower cholesterol etc.) of fresh eggs? Someone at work was asking me (he wants to start buying my eggs and doesn't believe they are tastier AND healthier....) I wanted to print out a paper to give him along with some eggs (I already sell a few dozen a week but want more customers come spring...) I get >1 dozen a day now and will be getting over 2 dozen come spring along with turkey and guinea eggs.

We get about 6 eggs a day... times 7 thats 3.5 dozen a week. I usually don't eat the yolk when I'm having breakfast, otherwise I will cook some dish that involves eggs. Like last night I made bread pudding, and soufflee. That wiped me out fast! I'll often also make creme brulee, I've taken to experimenting with different recipes, then I give it away so I don't eat it Meh-hahaha. We also probably give away about a dozen eggs a week. My DH is trying to get some people to buy eggs at work but no one wants to when he'll give them away free. Also I have a friend I promised as a wedding gift a year of free eggs. That's a lot of eggs!

I do not feel so badly now, I average about 10 a week. I love fresh eggs. Store bought eggs would last forever. no one wanted to eat them. Now with eating and baking, the family goes through about three dozen a week. And I feel just fi-aaackk
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom