How many eggs should I expect a week?

I have 3 BO's and they are 18 weeks old. How many eggs should I expect a week?

Also, I haven't seen them go into the nesting boxes once by themselves. So when should I expect the ladies go and try out the nesting boxes? I have fake eggs in the boxes but they still show no interest yet.
I do not thinkd three hens is sufficient. You should get at least 3 more... :D

I have 3 BO's and they are 18 weeks old. How many eggs should I expect a week?

Also, I haven't seen them go into the nesting boxes once by themselves. So when should I expect the ladies go and try out the nesting boxes? I have fake eggs in the boxes but they still show no interest yet.
We have seven BO’s. They were hatched it on March 15, 2021. We got our first eggs on August 4, so they were just a few days past 21 weeks old. We are averaging six eggs a day now. They have used the nest boxes from the start. We did not use any of fake eggs. Don’t worry. Yours are very close to starting. Take care

We have two BO in our small flock of five that were hatched on March 19 and March 27. Of the two buffs, one started laying when she was 22 weeks and the other is just starting to squat and show interest in the nest boxes at 24 weeks of age. The buff who is laying has laid every day except two since she started.

Our other three birds are a Black Ausralorp, a Gold-Laced Wyandotte and a Speckled Sussex who all started laying between 21 and 22 weeks of age.

I see that Mother Hubbard has started to lay and I would think it is just a matter of time for the other two to start laying. Good luck and keep us posted!

Okay good to know. All of my chickens are getting their combs and waddles in but still no interest in the nesting box
I have the same issue, 3 BO's and 3 New Hampshire Reds, 21 wks old. One red is laying in the north box and 2 whomever are laying in the south box (haven't been able to see who), but only up to 3 eggs/day.

I have
I have the same issue, 3 BO's and 3 New Hampshire Reds, 21 wks old. One red is laying in the north box and 2 whomever are laying in the south box (haven't been able to see who), but only up to 3 eggs/day.
I have found, over the last couple weeks, a few attempts at laying a first egg (I think, I don't know): Two hard amber-colored blobs below their roost bars (they didn't understand a nesting box?), 2 gelatinous eggs in a nesting box, and 2 soft shelled eggs in a nesting box. I just chock it up to first attempts, but I'm new at all this too. I don't know anything about checking for impaction or checking their crop (I'm still trying to pick them up, but they don't like that).

I have

I have found, over the last couple weeks, a few attempts at laying a first egg (I think, I don't know): Two hard amber-colored blobs below their roost bars (they didn't understand a nesting box?), 2 gelatinous eggs in a nesting box, and 2 soft shelled eggs in a nesting box. I just chock it up to first attempts, but I'm new at all this too. I don't know anything about checking for impaction or checking their crop (I'm still trying to pick them up, but they don't like that).
Do your birds have access to calcium? Do you give them crushed egg shells? One of the reasons they may be laying no shelled eggs or soft shelled eggs is because they dont have enough calcium.

Back
Top Bottom