How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Monday: 7
20200225_182626.jpg

Tuesday: 12
20200225_182747.jpg

I’ve heard frozen water bottles in their nest works.
I heard that too. Some years back I put a refreezable ice pack under a broody hen. She thawed it, I put another under her when the first one thawed. She thawed that one too. She was HOT underneath. She went to the broody buster box after that.

and my olive eggers egg is looking more powder blue now
Hmmm, someone didn't read her job description!

Only getting 2-3 a day for a week now. ☹ We have 20 hens and we have been getting at least a dozen a day. I have one that's broody and the rest must have started molting.
Where do you live that you've got chickens starting a moult now??

I heard that too. Some years back I put a refreezable ice pack under a broody hen. She thawed it, I put another under her when the first one thawed. She thawed that one too. She was HOT underneath. She went to the broody buster box after that.

Hmmm, someone didn't read her job description!

Where do you live that you've got chickens starting a moult now??
I know! 🤷 Very strange but it happens. I even had to research it. LOL

:lau I have a Marans that just went broody. Poor girl doesn’t have any fertile eggs to sit on because my EE cockerel is still to young I think. Plus I take all the eggs every day. She’s a trooper though, she’s trying her best to hatch a golf ball.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom