How many of you are experiencing a drop in egg production?

The past 2 days we've only gotten 18... so theres been alittle drop, usually we get anywhere from 20-24 eggs a day. See how today goes..........

The nights have been cold here and the chickens are more reluctant to come out of the hen house in the morning. I think the weather definitely has something to do it it. My BA just started laying two weeks ago, but I've only gotten two big eggs from her. I'll be keeping my eye on them today for any egg eaters. I want eggs......I'M HUNGRY!

Ours peaked just when the weather started getting cold. This is our second flock and I won't be using lights in the coop to extend daylight. With the first group I felt it put too much stress on them so this winter they will be allowed to do whatever is comfortable for them.

This time of year I don't get out as much to sell eggs to my customers so I am pretty sure all parties involved we be satisfied.

We have pullets.. Our 5 girls were laying 4-5 a day.. then about the first of Oct, we were down to 3 a day..

Went to feed store bought a flock block.

egg production since adding the flock block.. 5 a day.

I have no idea why or what, if they were not getting enough food, grit, shell or ????

But for in the last four days we have had 20 eggs..

Our girls started laying in July/August. We got our last egg on 9/25, then it was like someone flipped a switch, and turned off the eggs!

The last egg was on the last day that was over 12 hours of daylight. Is that a coincidence?

They started molting a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
I have 5 girls in NH and they have not layed in over 3 weeks. I know 2 were molting but seem to be done. Any suggestions? Should I just let them rest for winter? I am also worried about temp at night. I am going to have to start to use a heat light. I am worried this is going to mess them up more!

My 4 girls are slowing down too. Once they all started laying I was getting 3-4 eggs a day. Last week, I got 2 eggs on Thursday, 2 on Friday, 4 on Saturday and then 2 yesterday. So they've definitely changed their laying patterns.

Back
Top Bottom