How many parrots do you have?

I have 2 senegals- Maggie (F) and Buzz (M), 2 cockatiels- Gizmo (M) and Pearl (F), 1 Female Eclectus- Echo, and 1 DYH Amazon- Paco. Paco is from a parrot rescue and is very complex. He hates anyone with blonde hair! He doesn't allow me to touch him but steps up willingly and loves to go for car rides. Echo is a sweetie. I raised her from a little baby with a syringe and she's going to be 1 in May. I would like to ask the other eclectus owners to check my post on a different page. I have some questions to ask you guys. The senegals I got off craigslist and were pretty much wild when I got them but are becoming friendly pets. The cockatiels are my first parrots and I adore them for the fact that they are so much more simple and friendly than larger parrots.
21337_p1019036.jpg

21337_p1010296.jpg

21337_p1010200.jpg

21337_picture_206.jpg

I Just Have My Green Cheek Conure, Pepper For Four Years Now Since She Hatch In Febuardy 2007. Going To Be Adopting A Young Male Cokatiel For The Wife But I Love My Pepper And Some Of The Bigger Parrots Below.

We Are Currently Looking To Adopt Timneh African Greys, Goffin Or Bare Eyed Cockatoos, And A Hahn's Macaw.

I have a couple hundred, I have been breeding birds for over 35 years. I have finches, parakeets, lovebirds, canaries, cockatiels, 12 different types of conures, 2 pairs of greater sulpher cockatoos and 2 pairs of Macaws. I have some pics but can not figure out how to post..

1 velcro bird LOL "Sammie" the quaker 3 years old i hand fed him myself he is odd because he has all yellow feathers on his neck !! he is my baby

1 7 year old Bare eyd cockatoo Sunshine , a rescue , i am working with him have been for the past 2 years . he is in love with my BF
smile.png
just got him to step up this year without blood spilled , he is a little clown though and i wouldnt trade him for anything

4 cockatiels Pyper, brighton, cloey , and elliot all rescues except pyper who i hand fed myself

1 10 year old sun conure Gypsy , had been fed paRAKEET SEED her whole life so she was extremely malnurished when i got her for $25!!!! she is a sweet heart though and loves her new diet !!!

and my mother has Petey a 18 year old Blue crown conure who was supposed to be mine but fell in love with my mom
smile.png

abundant pigeons, doves, rabbbits , turkey, and chickens too !!! LOL

We have 1; Trixie, a six year old Congo African Grey. We got her last July, and I already can't remember life without her. She loves our Corgi, Erin. Erin only tolerates her because Trixie does the food regurgitating love thing and Erin can lick her beak.
sickbyc.gif

24456_2011_trixie_003_resize.jpg

I have 5... all rescues!
1 middle aged cinnamon cockatiel hen (Zephyr), 1 pied elderly cockatiel hen (Poppyseed), 1 'normal' grey male cockatiel (Das), 1 Bronze-Winged Pionus hen who will be turning 10 this year (Khu), and 1 male Maximillian Pionus, unknown age, (Gorbash).

Gorbash (far left) and Khu (right)
khu%20wutt.jpg

Hello everyone! My flock currently consists of 4 parrots.. 2 cockatiels and 2 sun conures.

The cockatiels are the remains of what used to be a flock of 4.. they are both males, one 15 year old Elvis has been with me since I bought him at 6 months of age at the end of sixth grade. He is a genius who learned how to open the doors of his last 4 cages.. and shut AND LOCK it behind himself. He got his name because he started dancing and lip singing to Jail House Rock when I was trying to think of a name for him. He has been a stalwart companion and friend for his entire life... although he's now slowing down in his advanced age. His companion is a white-face pearl male aptly named Ghost. Ghost is a flighty bird who is evil incarnate. We were told that he had been handraised, but I now believe that to have been a lie since he refuses to come to ones hand and will draw blood through a towel if grabbed. His only redeeming quality is his beautiful singing voice. He does, however, spook very easily, but overall has been a good bird.

They both had bonded mates (Elvis has outlived two, actually) who were tragically taken before their time. Elvis was raised with a flock of 2 other birds, Sunshine (a vain pied male with a grey scarf marking.. he was pretty and knew it) and Goldy (Goldy was a pied flirt who'd mate with whoever reached her first
tongue.png
) One stormy night when the cage was being kept outside.. dad forgot to put the second lock after giving them fresh water and Elvis opened the cage and all three escaped into the storm. Two days later, Elvis came back. We never saw the other two again, but given Goldy's poor flight and survival skills, we suspect that she was killed (Sunshine was more closely bonded to her and probably died as well). After rescuing Elvis from the starlings attacking him in the tree in our backyard.. he started screaming day and night for his lost flock mates. Two days of this and my mom told me, "Just get a bird.. any bird.. just shut him up!" This led to the purchase of a cinnamon female named Stormy. Elvis was immediately smitten with her and serenaded her to sleep and awake every morning and night.

About a year after that, we purchased Ghost and a second cinnamon named Lady Ashe. Stormy died around thanksgiving after having worked a thread loose from the blanket used to cover their cage at night. She got it tangled around her leg and broke her neck in her struggles. Poor Elvis was still next to her, grooming any part of her that he could reach in an attempt to wake her back up:hit. Lady Ashe died unexpectedly one summer morning around a year or so later. I still don't know what happened to her.. she was healthy and alert the afternoon before.. the next morning, my parents found her at the bottom of the cage. I suspect it might have been heat stroke.. but they had plenty of water, the cage was in a covered patio, half covered with a blanket to provide additional shade. Also, if it was heatstroke, I would have expected to lose Elvis, who was easily a decade her senior. Ashe was only around 3 years old.

The other half of my current flock are 2 sun conures, Passion and Merlin. Passion is around 2.5 years old and is a total diva. She definitely thinks that she's an alpha in the house and that the world revolves around her. She's curious and in to everything, shares my meals and sleeps with Merlin in a bird tent above my bed (sometimes under the covers as well.). She is fearless of the dogs and makes them run in terror from her.. but she's closely bonded to me enough that I can take her on walks with my border collie. She rides on my shoulder (or head:rolleyes:) and watches everything that goes on. Merlin has also gone on a few walks. Both have a fairly good recall and return to my hand on command (usually.. if not, I just walk away and they fly to me, afraid I'm going to leave them there.) Merlin also doesn't fear the dogs, but doesn't attempt to terrorize them like Passion does.

Back
Top Bottom