How many people on here suffer from Acid Reflex?

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
I do and I’m getting tired of it. I take Prilosec because I have no insurance and even when I did my insurance would not pay for that little purple pill.

In the beginning I was so bad I was in the hospital for 2 days and they found nothing. But they gave me a heart catherization. (sp) My heart is good but,
I didn’t know A.R. could cause these symptoms, #1, I thought I was having a heart attack and # 2, I couldn’t walk 10 feet without being unable to breath.

I went to a different doctor and saw a physician’s asst. He ask me if I had A.R. and I said yes. He’s the one that got me on the Prilosec and I was better in 3 days but, I read that the prolong use of Prilosec can give you brittle bone disease.

I know the reason people get it but why can’t we do something to stop it all together so we didn't have to take these pills.
he.gif
barnie.gif

So many things you can't eat.

I've had it on and off. Then I had Lap-Band surgery, now I have it more frequently. I used to take Pepsid but it doesn't seem to do the job anymore, so I am trying the other over the counter products. When it is really really bad I've found ice cream will take care of it. Then I put on weight, sigh...... T'aint fair I tell ya
hmm.png

Be careful though. You can easily end up with Barret's esophagus (a precursor to cancer). Ask your doctor about it so he can keep an eye on it.
Slinky

i dont do anything about it lol i asked a dr. what it was when i felt like i was spitting up a fireball and he saide AR and perscribed the purple pill but even with insurance it was expensive and my parents thought i was faking it or something my grandmother went to the dr for a check up and asked about it and he saide prilosect otc is basicly the exact same thing as the purple pill all the same ingredients so we got that took it for a few months and just quit

Quote:
Tried it, I threw up. I can't have vinegar it sets it off.

I agree with that statement!!! Cucumbers too! ARGH!

Worked great for my cousin. Guess it's not for everyone. There is another home remedy if I can find it I'll post it for you all, and maybe it will work. AR is awful. I don't have it but I know some folks who do. I feel bad for them
sad.png

ETA: I remember what it was now...chew a small piece of fresh ginger with water every morning. Supposed to heal the damage caused by AR too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom