How many people out there are owned by Rabbits????

We have 3, not sure of the breed(s). Ours right now are just pets, but we do plan on breeding them.
Our does...
PICT0044.jpg

PICT0043.jpg

And our buck...
PICT0045.jpg

My dad thinks he is gonna get some out of it for meat, but they are small, and he will be the only one to eat any!!
I feed ours rabbit pellets and clover or dandelion greens in the summer, but since it's so dry, they get hay now. Plus any goodies left over, like carrots from the garden, apple pieces, and anything else they will eat!!

Oh btw, my son is only 3 years old, so they are all named 'Bunny"!!

We have 6 SQ Holland Lops for pets and they are the perfect pet for my kids. They're small enough for my kids to handle and they're so gentle!

We have 4 New Zealand Whites for meat rabbits. I'm awaiting the first litter so we can start eating rabbit! I thought my kids were going to freak out over the idea of eating rabbit, but they were very calm about it. Of course, I had to promise I wouldn't eat their Holland Lops.
smile.png

We have 2 bunnies as well after getting 2 "dwarf same sex bunnies" 4 years ago 30 bunnies later + we are now down to 2 - my first egg from my chick was laid in the rabbit hutch and my roo thinks he protects the bunnies and every night I have to move him off their cage to his coop

Hmm how many rabbits? Good ? Im always buying, selling and raising. I raise Mini Rex and a couple Polish. I sell them and show in some arba shows. I have a website www.freewebs.com/backfortyrabbitry
Heres
my list of bunnies I own.
Mini Rexes
carhart and shadow- sable point pair
avalanche, klondike and jacuzzi- himalayans, avalanche is for sale
margarita and hall o fame- black jr does
sebastian-black buck (for sale)
lacey-brk black and her 2 babies jasper a tort and juliet a black(for sale)
sweethart-brk black
molly-broken sable (for sale)
Dolly(for sale)- and her litter of 1 black buckDakota, 2 black does Dreamer and Dynamite, 1 tort doe Diva(all for sale) and a sable Daphne who Im keeping
Blue Moon- blue
Polish
Truffles-choc doe (for sale)
Coco -choc doe
Oreo-brk black buck

Oh I guess I have 23 at the moment:D

I have 3 at the moment, all 3 are Flemish Giants.

Fey- 3 month old sandy coloured doe
Susi- 3 yr old Black Doe
Rexi- 3 month old dark Brown(sort of brindle'ish?) buck

All 3 purebreds but Rexi has Rex like fur and over all his colour is unique looking. He is out of pedigreed purebred Flemish parents, the breeder didn't know what happened there(she only has flemish).

These guys are pets but any young out of them are either for sale or meat. The hides I will tan and turn into hats and mittens etc.

They get Rolled Oats, corn, wheat and barely with molasses together with Pellets and fruit and veggies like lettuce, carrots, apples and cantilope.

Quote:
Yes. I do but right now she is an only rabbit as I just got her after selling off my wooler rabbits. She is an american chinchilla at 6 months old she weight about 8 ish lbs.

The plan is to breed her this week end so she will have kits hopefully soon. I got her because she is a rare breed, for showing and she is my pet.

I did and still do

All I own now is a Pedigreed purebred holland lop doe named BumbleBee, shes' at my best friends house in her rabbitry giving her some babies.
smile.png

I bred and showed holland lops----several...I probably had over 60.-- was working on the agouti gene esp blue otter

I also bred mini rex and planned to show them

Netherland dwarfs- was working on bew genetics

American Fuzzy lops (which are holland lops with the long fur gene bred for the long fur). - was just working on breeding them for show.

Lionheads- was working on bew genetics

Standard Chinchillas- for meat

a dutch

a flemish mix

a lop mix

list goes on...
smile.png

My kids have 7 rabbits.
My daughters have a netherland dwarf (kiki) and a checkered giant. (sophie)
My son has a blanc de hotot (ross)
All 3 are does.
No clue where the names came from. They run in the chicken coop all the time.

Quote:
We have 3 new editions!! No pics yet though, I've been kinda lazy!
There is a dutch doe, and a pair of mini rex. Those rex's are so soft, and they have got to be the sweetest bunnies in the world!!
love.gif

The rexes are named 'Romeo' and 'Juliette', by me of course! The dutch is not named yet.

We have 3very spoiled but very sweet bunnies.
Two are Holland mini lops and one is a lionhead/holland lop mix.
I have to admit that my daughter had been begging me for a bunny for a long time and I was very reluctant to have anymore animals and did not want to deal with it.
But we went to a chickenstock last weekend and came home with three bunnies.
They should have called in Bunnystock since there was as many bunnies as chickens, maybe even more.
I don't know how anyone could have left there without a bunny rabbit or 3.
smile.png

I think they are great, love to be held and cuddled, I already want more.

Back
Top Bottom