How much did you spend on your coop? **Update with pics on pg. 12**

Rebekah - LOVE yours too! I struggled with what color to paint the trim and decided to go wild and use French Lavender. Husband poo pooed the idea but in the end he admitted that he liked it! I like your idea of "Chick TV" too - we watch "farm TV" all the time with wild turkeys - the 9 little turkey chicks are so cute about the size of our chickens, deer, blue birds and tons of other wild life around our 8 acres.

Both of those are lovely...I am jealous
droolin.gif

Maybe after we get the chickens and my husband falls in love with them, he will agree to some upgrades
fl.gif

With all these coops and all the $$ what each one of us spend on his/her coop/coops, it is important to put this in mind, it is not important to be super cheep, or very expensive, it is the quality of the coop you got at the end results, I can build a coop for almost nothing, but I will not be able to get free Concrete, or free 14 gage welded wires or in perfect shape roofing for a fort knox coop, I like t save and I always do, but some times, CHEEP IS WHAT REALLY EXPENSIVE, AND EXPENSIVE IS WHAT CHEEP.

Omran

I didn't add up everything explicitly, but keeping a running total in my head, I think our coop cost us around $250 in new materials. We were able to salvage old wood siding for the exterior and I was able to use a piece of 4x4 plywood for the floor that I had lying around. I also used some odds and ends scraps and a few pieces of hardware I already had.

If my current crop of chickens each lay three eggs a day for 37 years, I should about break even.

Chicken math word problem:

If a chicken and a half, lays an egg and a half, in a day and a half; how long will it take a raccoon with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

The math doesn't always add up, but they sure are fun.

Does anyone have any plans for nesting boxes you mount to the outside of the coop with flip top lids. I need 16' on one side. So I need either one 16' one or two 8' ones mounted side by side. Each nest will be 12" wide and can be as deep and tall as needed. Like 12" wide 12" deep and 15" tall. May also put one on each side

Nana, you are right. The pictures of your children is priceless. Thanks for posting it. It brought back memories of incidents with my sons at that age. They are indeed, moments to remember.

Back
Top Bottom