How much feed do turkeys eat typically a year?

Fluffy Lambs

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
May 10, 2021
The Hot State
I have Narragansett turkeys and I'm trying to figure out if selling hatching eggs would actually pay for the feed bill. Assuming people buy them a lot. This year when I finally listed them on ebay people bought them constantly. And I will weigh what I give them every day but I would appreciate it if anyone has any input. I just don't think we would be making a profit

I have Narragansett turkeys and I'm trying to figure out if selling hatching eggs would actually pay for the feed bill. Assuming people buy them a lot. This year when I finally listed them on ebay people bought them constantly. And I will weigh what I give them every day but I would appreciate it if anyone has any input. I just don't think we would be making a profit
Are you NPIP certified?

I'm not sure if this is 100% right but I think the turkeys (1 tom 6 hens) are eating like around 4 pounds of feed a day maybe a little less or a little more, does that sound right? Are they eating to much? I'm by no means a turkey expert so I really appreciate any input.

Right now they are on a 17% protein soy free feed that my mom wanted to switch everything to but there is a noticeable difference in the turkeys and chickens so I'm going to get the turkeys back on the 25% game bird they were on

Right now they are on a 17% protein soy free feed that my mom wanted to switch everything to but there is a noticeable difference in the turkeys and chickens so I'm going to get the turkeys back ok the 25% game bird they were on
They don't need 25% protein. Put the turkeys on a good All Flock or Flock
Raiser feed plus free choice oyster shell. It will have the higher lysine, methionine and niacin that the turkeys need. I use a 20% protein all flock feed for all my poultry.

My birds have free access to feed all the time so cannot give any clues as to how much feed they need. Feed consumption does decrease during the summer months and increases during the winter.

They don't need 25% protein. Put the turkeys on a good All Flock or Flock
Raiser feed plus free choice oyster shell. It will have the higher lysine, methionine and niacin that the turkeys need. I use a 20% protein all flock feed for all my poultry.
Ok thank you!
My birds have free access to feed all the time so cannot give any clues as to how much feed they need. Feed consumption does decrease during the summer months and increases during the winter.
Mine do also that's why I'm not really sure
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom