How much would you pay for this coop? *PICS*

A rule of thumb, "Take the cost of materials and then double that cost to figure what labor could cost".

$400 so I'd figure $200 is for labor. $20 an hour for 10 hours of work. I don't see 10 hours of labor in that coop. I don't see $200 of materials in the coop either.
i put $50 into my coop and its like huge

Well I did some more searching, and I found a guy who will build me this, which is what I really want. Have to see how much it will be yet, but it'll be way more worth it than the other one!

Solid wood and correct sized hinges...that one is closer to the $500 then your first posting.

They want 400.00 for coops like that here also. With delivery I would go for it but... Tell him to add a window to be included in the cost. With out a window it's just a box! Speak to him about the window, tell him it needs to open also. And the screen on the top will let in lots of cold, you might want to block off half that during cold months.

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of building our coop. New materials are going to cost 250 for me. We're doing a coop from The Art of the Chicken Coop that is 8 'x4' and has wheels.

For instance, pallet boards make for great trim and, let me tell you, you can hide a lot of mistakes (like not so straight holes) with trim.

This is my second coop before the add ons:

And after:

That is a pretty amazing turn-around. I'd never have thought about trim to rescue bad cuts. Thanks for that.

Last edited:
Nice looking coop. I sure like the second one better, but I bet that will be even more $$! $400 seems like a lot, but we looked at pre-built coops before starting construction of our own... Coops are pricey - Negotiate! For reference, we have $225 in materials for our coop. We have T1-11 siding/floor (more expensive than ply) and trim/roof to still be attached, but are included in the price I gave you. Exterior paint cost $50 (two gallons - one of each color). $25 in hardware. It adds up quickly! $225 for materials, $0 for labor. We are not pros - so, it has taken us a long time to measure twice, cut once! Trim, trim, trim - - love the clean look of trim!

Back
Top Bottom