How often do you take out the trash?

Quote:
Good luck with the situation. Our trash goes out once a day at least, and sometimes more than that. We have a dog that likes to...um...taste what we have in there, so out it goes! Plus overflowing trash cans stress me out.

Thanks. The bathroom garbage is currently overflowing all over the floor. I went to bed very angry last night and I'm ready to threaten her with calling housing and having her taken off our list for the apartment next year. I can't even imagine how this girl's house looks at home because her mom is the same way as her. ugh! It's times like these when I can't wait to live alone (Or back at home where it's clean!)

omg i see this thread and it makes me
hit.gif
because my husband still has to take the trash out to his work.!!!
hes a store manager and brings our trash to his work and dumps it there!!! ugh!!!!
rant.gif
rant.gif

he says its cheaper than having garbage pick up !!
sickbyc.gif

however when i have to hide the bags of garbage over by a car (his car that hes been fixing up for years now, covered with a car tarp) and yeah i have to hide the trash over by that peice of garbage!!
rant.gif
it drives me mad!!!
rant.gif

phew
tongue.gif
feel better already after letting this out!
caf.gif

sometimes i put the heavy trash in his pickup truck!! so ill then know it gets thrown away!
boy of boy i tell ya!
somad.gif

hu.gif
nothing else to say! lol

Pretty simple.............. when it's full take it out, when it smells take it out. a good trash rotation is a good thing.

AL

What with the ducks, recycling, the compost pile, the garbage disposal and the wood stove off the kitchen, we have very little garbage. We go to the dump once a month whether we need to or not and pay about $5 to get rid of about 2 or 3 bags.

But it goes outside as filled or smelled.

Usually 2-3 times per week but it's just me and DH. The chickens get the scraps and we recycle the cans, glass etc. If there's any smell out it goes.

When it's full or when it smells. If I am cleaning sometimes it goes out twice in one day. I compost everything food wise that is not meat, but way out here in the boonies we don't have recyling. That said I do take my newspaper, magazine, and other papers to the kids school for recycling. They have a big dumpster there that the local paper provides for paper and cardboard recycling.

Dh takes out the trash, when it's full or if it smells. Normally once or twice per week.

How is the "chore list" for the apartment scheduled? Does everyone else have a job that requires daily attention? If not, it may be more fair for everyone concerned to rotate trash take out.

(PS: Regardless of whose job it is to take out the trash, if ALL of you are letting it pile up, then you are just as guilty as the roommate in the "slob" department . If you all are throwing refuse into an obviously full container, rather than changing the bag-well, that's just pure laziness, and gross to boot.)

Back
Top Bottom