How old is too old to believe

I was about eight years old when started to question it. At nine year old, I did not believe at all anymore. It didn't help that I was one of those children who literally stayed up all night (quietly in my room). So I could hear my parents wrapping gifts and figured it out. My oldest is 8 years old and is not questioning it at all. I don't think there is a magic age. Don't worry momma! : )

I never taught my children about Santa Claus and you can guess how well that went over at school when they told the other kids it wasn't real.....
roll.png
I'd say, each to his own and only you can gauge when is the right time to tell your children the truth.

Quote:
What a great way to put it
smile.png
. I feel the same way.

To this day, we use a single colored foil wrapping paper for one present for each kid, even though they are grown, and etch a large S into the top. Santa brought that one.

When I was 5 I KNEW there was a Santa cause I sat in his lap at the big department store and told him I wanted a Suzy Homemaker Oven and I knew it was too expensive for my family to buy. Boy was I happy when I got that oven!

Alas, a couple of years later I realized that "Santa" hand moms hand writing and had reused the same wrapping paper that Mom had used the past couple of years (we had wrapping paper that was used for many Christmases in a row)

My oldest son was in 7th grade and we had to sit him down and break the bad news....cause asking at Jr High what Santa was bringing might not go over so well. But for years before I would run under their bedroom windows with my sleigh bells, left carrots out for the reindeer and Santa had his milk and cookies (the middle son had already caught Santa-Dad eating the cookies and knew before the oldest)

Quote:
What a great way to put it
smile.png
. I feel the same way.

To this day, we use a single colored foil wrapping paper for one present for each kid, even though they are grown, and etch a large S into the top. Santa brought that one.

That's a wonderful tradition. I wish more people had holiday spirit like you
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom