How old was the oldest eggs you ever hatched out??

There is an older thread where a BYC member put some eggs in an incubator that I believe were at least a month old. I don't believe she had a very good hatch but some did hatch. I will try to find the thread.

Not all lost then. Those are two special babies. Were they the eBay ones? Do you think there was something wrong with the incubator or the eggs had just degraded too much. Frizzles too, love them.
No they were from my own flock,I don`t think there is anything wrong with the bator,Maybe the eggs were to old.I started out with 25 frizzle eggs (they were eBay) and had 15 hatch so that's not bad for shipped eggs.Some were not fertile and some just didn't`t grow.

There is an older thread where a BYC member put some eggs in an incubator that I believe were at least a month old. I don't believe she had a very good hatch but some did hatch. I will try to find the thread.

Thanks I just hatched month old refrigerated eggs under my clucky hen. I got 7 out of 11 hatch.

Set three eggs that were 24 days old because of lack of space for them in the bator,

DAY 5: one egg is infertile so didnt develop the other two are doing well.

DAY 14: one egg stopped developing around day 5-8, so it got thrown out.

DAY 18: the one remaining egg is gone into lockdown, saw movement, should hopefully hatch in the next two days :) .

Podid it hatch?

Set three eggs that were 24 days old because of lack of space for them in the bator,

DAY 5: one egg is infertile so didnt develop the other two are doing well.

DAY 14: one egg stopped developing around day 5-8, so it got thrown out.

DAY 18: the one remaining egg is gone into lockdown, saw movement, should hopefully hatch in the next two days :) .

Just wanted to update on my last hatch. 24 of 27 of the week old eggs hatched. 1 of 12 of the 6 week old eggs hatched, I wish I knew which one it was because I'd like to keep that bloodline going. Unfortunately it got lost in the shuffle with all of the other chicks.

Just wanted to update on my last hatch. 24 of 27 of the week old eggs hatched. 1 of 12 of the 6 week old eggs hatched, I wish I knew which one it was because I'd like to keep that bloodline going. Unfortunately it got lost in the shuffle with all of the other chicks.

Thanks for the update. What a shame it got mixed up. You still proved 6 weeks, not regrigerated and not turned eggs can still hatch.

I don't know if this helps but I'm giving my first shot at incubation. I was given 9 fresh eggs from my fiances parents and an additional two dozen for eating that have been in the fridge for over ten days. I thought what the heck? And threw 7 of the fridge eggs in with my fresh eggs. 12 days into it and ALL the eggs are developing fast!

Back
Top Bottom