How To Catch The Egg Eater(s)

Cee

Songster
6 Years
Nov 3, 2017
Albuquerque, NM
What is the best type of camera to catch the egg eater in the act? Inside the coop where it is a bit on the dark side. I am at work away from home for many hours at a time.
Thank you.

What is the best type of camera to catch the egg eater in the act? Inside the coop where it is a bit on the dark side. I am at work away from home for many hours at a time.
Thank you.
Any camera will do. Baby monitors have night vision and are inexpensive. If you want to monitor from work Ring cameras are mine go to surveillance choice.

Any camera will do. Baby monitors have night vision and are inexpensive. If you want to monitor from work Ring cameras are mine go to surveillance choice.
My hen house and run are far from my house and WiFi. Don’t I need WiFi for ring and/or baby monitor?

My hen house and run are far from my house and WiFi. Don’t I need WiFi for ring and/or baby monitor?
I screenshoot this for you. This is 1 000sf. No you don’t need it.
03BDD095-C3FB-467F-B142-F9E36607C602.png

Blow out eggs and fill them with yellow dish soap, replace in three nest boxes. It will quickly break them of the habit. Also a higher protein feed if you haven't already.
This sounds genius... I'm going to try it. We are losing half our eggs from our 23 hens right now, if this works it will be awesome.

This isn't a camera but, it's an option. I've never personally done this but read about it. You take a couple eggs and at the top, make a little hole where you can suck out the contents with a syringe. You want to be able to put it back in later. In a separate bowl, you can beat it to where it's like scrambled egg consistency. Then, you can take food coloring maybe blue or green. Then once that's mixed with the egg mixture you can syringe it back into the eggs. When your egg eater goes to eat these eggs, you will easily find the culprit as their beak will be blue or green. 😊

Back
Top Bottom