How to make my chicken stop laying egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh?

(I keep telling myself, "Back away from this thread..." and yet, for some reason I can't. It's kinda like watching a train wreck. I just can't help myself.)
gig.gif

Its like a bad movie, you keep wondering how it will all end
lau.gif

I still don't understand how eating only plant foods and eating enough vitamins for supplement(since plant foods can't provide some minerals,nutrients and vitamins to human needs), will still be detrimental to human health in the long term. How is it possible that a human will lack some nutritional needs if it have more than 100% of what it needs everyday?

I still don't understand how eating only plant foods and eating enough vitamins for supplement(since plant foods can't provide some minerals,nutrients and vitamins to human needs), will still be detrimental to human health in the long term. How is it possible that a human will lack some nutritional needs if it have more than 100% of what it needs everyday?
Veganism isn't for everybody, some people's bodies cope with it better than others. But remember, by existing, you are harming so many other species, much more than you will ever eat in your lifetime. Don't feel bad about eating your hen's eggs, as long as she's a happy hen! If you tried to remove her reproductive system so you wouldn't have to deal with her eggs, that would be doing so in your interest instead of hers. Any process to stop her egglaying would be extremely painful for her and detrimental to her health, and I'm sure that if you were able to speak chicken and you asked your hen if she wanted to stop laying eggs, she would say no.

Yes, instead of eating the chickens I raise and nurture with good food and care I am going to go buy a synthetic man made thing because that's better for me?? Yeah, no thanks... People that choose to not eat meat of course have that choice and more power to them, but to make the above blanket statement is wrong. Please don't promote your choices on others.
It is true, that people have the choice to do what they want, whether it is good for them or bad for them, like smoking cigarettes. However, I think promoting something whether it is good or bad is rampant, and it is legal. I would have not write about my belief, if someone didn't start posting those emoticon which shows that my view about not eating fertilized eggs is ridiculous and/or stupid. I didn't start it, and I just write something about it to defend my belief. BTW, it is not the person that I commented on based on your comment.

I'm honestly not sure. I only knew those 4 people who went Vegan & the were on my animal care course at college.

At a guess, I'd say (just theory), because the nutritional requirements for people can vary. Many factors can influence this such as blood type, ancestors diets etc. Some people do well on higher protein, others on higher vitamins. Google & read for yourself, I just took a quick peak (very quick, so please don't challenge me on anything). I think things like your metabolism & thyroid also have an impact. My blood is O negative, so according to the web page I just visited I do indeed do better on a high protein & Lysine diet (as I already knew) as opposed to eating vegetables.
I just seem to really struggle digesting fruit & vegetables
hmm.png
& it is painful! Cereal is another thing I cannot eat.
Nor do I get cravings to eat those foods. My DH is another story, that guy practically lives off of boxes of cereal which would probably kill my digestion! Also he seems to crave fish a lot.

Say for instance if your family have eaten fish / seafood for generations your body will be pretty well adapted to draw all the nutritional value from that food.

Likewise if your family have lived off a rice / grain / vegetable diet for generations then they too will have adapted to lower levels of certain vitamins etc.

Its all about evolution, what your ancestors ate more of in their area where they lived will be what you thrive off the most because of genetics. Whether its a meat, veg or grain source doesn't matter.

Hopefully in a few more years we will learn more from science.
frow.gif

And I have just realized my diet is almost identical to my dogs. Lean meat, organ meat & a bit of vegetables on the side. My dogs are on homecooked meals btw
roll.png
we all eat pretty much the same stuff. The only thing different is they gnaw on bones daily, I only get to gnaw on a bone 3 times a week!

Also, when you feed the dogs cereal, the same thing happens to them as what happens to me... they get ill with indigestion. They can't stomach it anymore than I can. No more than a handful.
Some of us just can't stomach lots of grains / veg.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom