How to Move a Giant Chicken Coop!

That’s a good idea. Thanks!

When we moved ours, my husband built “skis” to slide underneath the 4 legs and glide it across the lawn with another large brown man pulling and helping guide it. I was doubtful bc our coop is top heavy - it worked like a charm.

I would like to mention; my phone autocorrected “brawny” to “brown.” I meant another large BRAWNY man, not brown... I apologize if I offended anyone.

Oh dear... that would be something.

I admit this is something I've thought about, that if we ever move, I may want to take the coop with us (unless the buyers want to include it in the sale) - and that means a shed mover taking it through the fence (chain link, so it could be done). But ours (6x10) was built to be "moveable" since it's on skids.
Can you post a pic of your 10x6? How many chickens can comfortably fit in there?

When we moved ours, my husband built “skis” to slide underneath the 4 legs and glide it across the lawn with another large brown man pulling and helping guide it. I was doubtful bc our coop is top heavy - it worked like a charm.
What t
I would like to mention; my phone autocorrected “brawny” to “brown.” I meant another large BRAWNY man, not brown... I apologize if I offended anyone.
I’m glad you clarified. I googled Brown man, thinking it was some type of yard tool or construction equipment. Lol

Put up some photos - there are ways to move this, but need to see “ logistics”
Fence can be partially dismantled without damage, then re - assembled.
Rolling pipes might work , depending on terrain.
Entire “ Older Home Structures “ are moved, so, I believe you’ll
be able to move this
” Where there’s a will, there’s a way.”

The hubby used our forklift and our wrecker to move a coop. The forklift put the shed/coop on the wrecker bed, secured it with straps, tilted the wrecker bed and loaded the forklift. Strapped everything down and drove down the road to our destination. Unloaded the forklift, leveled the wrecker bed, lifted the shed/coop off the bed and carefully set it on foundation blocks. We were fortunate in that the ground was firm and able to hold up the truck and fork lift. Unfortunately, after all that work, a tree fell on the coop and destroyed it. If you don't want to mess with this kind of hassle hire someone with the proper equipment and git 'er done!

There’s a pic of our coop!

Attachments

• C3BFE2FB-B3F1-4377-B4F5-5C933ED6A263.jpeg
    C3BFE2FB-B3F1-4377-B4F5-5C933ED6A263.jpeg
    838.9 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom