How to peel hardboiled eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Alleychick, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Alleychick

Alleychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Hey all, just wanted to let everyone here in on a little secret of how the peel fresh eggs. I poke a hole in the top(the round part). I then drop them in boiling salted water, just a small palmful of salt will do. I let them boil for about 5 minutes, shut the heat off remove them from the stove, and cover for about 10-12 minutes. Then i drain em and soak em in ice cold water until cool. I also roll them around in the empty pan to crack them. Then presto!!! This has worked for me every time no matter how fresh the eggs are. I hope this helps some of you.

2. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I used this method for thanksgiving dishes, Lots of stuff uses boiled eggs, Works like a charm!!!

3. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    I'll have to try that! I boiled a bunch of eggs for Thanksgiving and couldn't peel them, so the chickens had a feast...

4. cjexotic

cjexotic Cj's Mandarin Ducks

Mar 11, 2008
    Central PA
    I had the same problem [​IMG].. cooked about 40 eggs and the chickens got [​IMG] them cause they would not peel. Thanks for the tip. Cj

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
  6. Gloria

Gloria Chillin' With My Peeps

I've learned to let my fresh eggs sit on the counter for the afternoon instead of putting them right in the fridge. It seems to age them enough so if you chose to boil them they can be peeled easily. I haven't had a problem at all with peeling them since I started doing this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by