How to reap benefits of duck water

This weekend we bought a 40 rubbermaid tub at Tractor Supply. Then we went to the hardware store and bought the fixtures to attach a water hose to it so I can drain it. The hardware wasn't more than $8. Tell them what you want to do & they can show you what to buy. Get a shut off valve too. We made our output valve 1inch since duck water can be chunky. Then we used a reducer to fit the 3/4 inch hose. All I have to do is attach a hose to my tub and open the shut off valve and the water will go where I want it to. I'm sure this can be done with the kiddy pool.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
also spraying duck manure on anything edible sounds not so hot......on the ground yes but you dont want it all over things you will eat without some breaking down

Quote:
cool idea but will only work if always watering downhill......thats a super small amt of water to create any pressure

Thanks for the ideas!

I have just been syphoning the duck water into my garden spot. Y'all just made me realize I could carry in in buckets to my poor, suffering trees and hedges!

I wonder how the grapes and blueberries would like it?

I love this place.

smile.png

organick
Just put it together this weekend so haven't actually tried it yet. I'm happy with it draining slowly. Beats trying to dump it. I'm looking ahead to winter. My 1 duck lives with the chickens. Dumping her little swimming dish during the winter is going to make a slippery icey mess this winter. This is deep enough that with the help of a tank heater I should be able to keep the water thawed for Duck-Duck.

If you go to Lowes or Home Depot, you can get a sump pump. JUst hook a water hose up to it, drop it in the pool, turn it on and spray it on whatever you want! They are fairly cheap too.

There's some good ideas here. What I envision is something similar to what I have at work to carry and spray soap on oil spills. It's about the size of a shopping cart with a 30 or so gallon drum on it. There's a little pump that allows us to spray it out. It sounds a little elaborate for what I'm doing, but I've got about two acres cleared and I don't know if a small sump or pond pump would pump a couple hundred feet. The small pumps are a good start though.

I use my duck water my garden is like a forest and my ducks love the high grass in sections and the beautiful plants in others, it really works well, even when the water is thick it still works well.

Quote:
the pond pumps will work fine.......not alot of pressure at that distance but.......seems like alot of work to load and move water across 2 acres....can you put their pool closer to somewhere you can use it?

Quote:
the pond pumps will work fine.......not alot of pressure at that distance but.......seems like alot of work to load and move water across 2 acres....can you put their pool closer to somewhere you can use it?

Yeah, could be alot of work. I'm rolling across grass at home not concrete. A pond pump sounds like the way to go. I can't move the pond due to the dogs though.

Back
Top Bottom