How To Tell When You Have No life.....

HennyPennies2007

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 26, 2008
It is 81 Degrees and gorgeous! What better way to spend a warm gorgeous afternoon in Oklahoma? I washed chicken butts!!! Just a bucket and a chair and the hens and roos. I can tell you that this is not the way to win friends and influence people... at least of the avian variety. It wasn't the washing they disliked so much as the chasing them down. I got my excercise for sure! They actually liked the bathing end of it. I got a cluck here and there, but that was it. So now everyone at KT's Cluckers has a clean butt!! Let's see... for tomororrow.... I think I'll snake the drains.....

lau.gif

Henny, may I ask why the butt washing? Did you just get over a bout of nasty poo or just needed another chore to do? I haven't given my girls a butt washing-maybe I am a bad chicken mom?
hu.gif

I have a few hens that get poopy feathers... I think it's because the refuse to roost.... Just looks nasty. Someone in the forum said to just wash like if they have pasty butt. Had to wait for a decent day... it wa swarm so I said to myself, "Self, might as well wash chicken butts!" Now that it's done they look a lot better... hope they feel better too. I have great hens!
6008_chickens_october_24_2008_030.jpg

Back
Top Bottom