Hubby is camping out with the chickens

jackiedon

Songster
12 Years
Jun 4, 2007
Central Arkansas
I just came up from the barn and coops to help DH settle in. We have had several chickens killed lately. He has hung the hammock, has his bug repellant, flashlight, shotgun, pistol and cellphone.

This morning I found a rooster head (corn flake, a lavender color leghorn) and a body in the tree (spot and mutt hen).

I have some chickens that won't go into a coop at night they roost in the tree. The above 2 were from them. I had 2 hens sitting but covered up were killed saved one hen so I broke her broody. Another cuckoo maran hen sitting in the nest box but I was gone to my parents and DH openned the coop around 5 am.

I hope he can get what ever is killing them.

jackie

Good luck
fl.gif

I'm sorry something is getting your chickens.

Please pardon, but the picture you painted of your hubby in the hammock with all his stuff has made me chuckle. I can just see him armed with cell phone and gun!
lau.gif

LOL my crazy DH has night vision goggles and a NV scope. He would be perfectly happy snoozing in a barn...no wonder I cannot threaten him effectively with the "You will sleep outside if you keep it up" he just says "okay" shrugs and grabs a blanket.
gig.gif

Well he didn't see anything! He did say the owl kept him awake!

This morning I went down and I lost my last french cuckoo maran rooster and hen!! I do have some babies from them.

jackie

Back
Top Bottom