humidity

regertif

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2015
We are on day 22, 2 chics are hatched and in the incubator still, a 3rd has had it beak out a little hole in its egg for about 6 hours now but doesn't seem to have done any more work or moving since then. The humidity on the incubator now only reads 40%. Should I be worried about it? I don't want to open it to add a wet cloth but I don't want to harm the chics or eggs if the humidity is too low

We are on day 22, 2 chics are hatched and in the incubator still, a 3rd has had it beak out a little hole in its egg for about 6 hours now but doesn't seem to have done any more work or moving since then. The humidity on the incubator now only reads 40%. Should I be worried about it? I don't want to open it to add a wet cloth but I don't want to harm the chics or eggs if the humidity is too low
I'd slip a wet sponge in there.

do you think its ok to do that even though I have one almost hatched? im worried about shrinking. I have some fish tank hose , could I run that through my vent hole over to the wash cloth I have in there and try to rewet that?

do you think its ok to do that even though I have one almost hatched? im worried about shrinking. I have some fish tank hose , could I run that through my vent hole over to the wash cloth I have in there and try to rewet that?
You can do that, lots of people do, but yes, I think it'd be fine. I am frequently opening my bator during lockdown and hatch, to grab out chicks, wet my sponges, grab hatched eggs, meddle....(I'm a meddler). Not saying everyone should be like me...lol. I keep my humidity up, but on the off chance it drops, I grab out my sponge wet it and slip it back in. (If I need to I will cover a vent hole for 10 minutes while the humdity builds back up and then uncover it again.) But you should only do what you are comfortable doing.

ok thank you. this is my first hatch so im nervous lol. so after this one comes out is it ok to grab the one that was born yesterday and the one born today and but them in the brooder

Back
Top Bottom