Hunched up duck.

I googled ducks with bumble foot and found some seriously bad infections, then I googled staph infections and found some really really bad swelling and nothing compared to her foot.
I still don't think she has an infection in there due to how well and quickly she is healing, but once I pick the meds up I'll give it to her just to be safe.
Any idea how much longer she should be separated, and how long she should have the medication?
Meds 7-10 days and I'd keep her on clean bedding till scabbed over so no bacteria can get inside. Her feet really don't look bad at all, but when you mentioned the heat and swelling that raises a red flag that the infection is pretty bad. I'm just saying that was why I mentioned giving her the antibiotics

Meds 7-10 days and I'd keep her on clean bedding till scabbed over so no bacteria can get inside. Her feet really don't look bad at all, but when you mentioned the heat and swelling that raises a red flag that the infection is pretty bad. I'm just saying that was why I mentioned giving her the antibiotics
Do you know if the meds will help her scabs heal up faster?
Shes in the garage by herself in a sawdust pen, has a bucket of water she can clean her nose with, and food 24/7. Shes been getting very upset with being alone however :(

Do you know if the meds will help her scabs heal up faster?
Shes in the garage by herself in a sawdust pen, has a bucket of water she can clean her nose with, and food 24/7. Shes been getting very upset with being alone however :(
Since I am treating a chicken with bumble, every 3-4 days I am removing the scab in the evening, cleaning out any remaining pus putting the iodine inside and all over the top too, then I take her and put her on the roost, it's scabbed back over by morning, amazing I know. So if she is scabbed over and nothing is open I'd give her time with the flock, only problem being once you start the antibiotic either you'll be treating them all or you'll have to put her back inside by herself. I'd also get some kind of probiotic for livestock to give her after treatment since this med will kill good and bad bacteria. Maybe give her some special time with the flock in the morning then confine her for the rest of the day and night to treat and make sure she is getting the meds. I know it's a pain but hopefully will get rid of any bacteria left inside along with what your doing on the outside.

any updates?
caf.gif

Sorry, I haven't been able to come online recently, but I just wanted to let you all know that he foot is healing up wonderfully. She is back outside all day and inside at night for her medication.
She is walking 100% with no stiffness or limp, and she is resisting being caught which is a good thing :)
I know there was some misunderstandings between all of us, but honestly I am very grateful that you all helped and worried as much as you did.

Back
Top Bottom