hunting

I totally agree! There have been deer and hogs in my trunk and hood. I have run over wild hogs in my car(76 buick ) solid built car. No damage was done to the car. Try that with a new car made of plastic and beer cans! I got out of Marines in 92. $1200 for u haul or $600 for the car. I bought the car and gave my buddies anything that wouldn't fit in it. I was riding on back roads at night and 3 wild pigs at about 150 lbs each were crossing the road. I hit the gas and hit them. I hit 2 of 3 hard enough I was able get out cut their throats and throw them in the trunk.
Here in Texas you have to call the sheriff's offiice or game warden before you can legally pick up a roadkill deer. 9 times out of 10 they will tell you go ahead and take it. If you don't call and get caught with it, chances are your facing a fine of some kind.
We have to call the the sherriff or game warden. They then come out and write up a salvage tag. Done it many times. I don't waste any of it. What is too bruised or beat up to eat gets cut up and saved in small portions for my dogs. (3 great pyrenees can eat a lot) I freeze it, and then it's like giving them a venison popsicle in the summer. They love it, of course.

My first car was a 61 Buick. Those cars were tanks. I had a 71 Monte Carlo. That was a tank, too. That car got hit head on, rear-ended and after I sold it someone broadsided it. It was still driveable.

Older Buicks WERE tanks! I got creamed by a huge buck, I heard the metal dent in. Got out, and I had a snot mark and a skidder mark from the antlers that rubbed off on the car, but it washed off and there was no damage to the car.

Back
Top Bottom