So glad to hear from folks from Texas and Louisiana...glad they are okay and preparing for the long road ahead....

I'm not sure that a disaster free zone even exists...
Tornadoes here in Oklahoma and earthquakes have become too numerous to count. We have areas where all that was left was the concrete slabs. Stories of insurance battles abound...

Proud that so many people are stepping forward to extend a helping hand.
I agree, that's what I was trying to explain to my sister-in-law after Katrina. So we just need to all take care of eachother, cause you never know who may need help next.

You can strip the leaves and freeze them after tossing in a bit of oil and use them as fresh basil for cooking. Most any herbs will work this way.

Also chop herbs and put in ice cube trays to freeze, once frozen, pop out into freezer bags and repeat process. When cooking, these thaw and saute well. You'd never know they weren't just picked.

Add to your list for disaster preparation,
cleaning supplies and paper towels.
TP is listed under required for "she who must be obeyed". No, don't store it in the garage, it might get wet. Sleep on it. We didn't bring enough TP, once.

Once.

(Bonus points for the movie reference...)

Paper plates and utensils - if water is short, you won't do dishes.
Germex is an amazing product.
Propane grills work for bread baking and pizza ovens. Do require a supply of propane.
Basically, everything you need to camp with. Call it house camping. Or the Apocalypse for some.

I'm trying to figure out how to bottle air conditioning for those of us who are "more sensitive to the weather". And a mosquito deterrent that works 100%. With all these drones, you think they could assign one to keep mosquitos off my legs. Maybe collect them for chicken feed supplements...

It is a beautiful day! The chickens are demanding treats, the flood water is receding, the bumper crop of mosquitos hatched during the flood are looking for my legs. It's good to be wanted.

The sun is shining and I have a tree to be processed! Cheerio

The Big Lebowski?

The Big Lebowski?

I'll have to watch that one again, but I don't think so. Anyone else? The whole quote: "My father hung me on a hook once. Once."

Kiki may be able to google it. Not sure if she remembers that one though. Oldie, but a goodie! Cheers!

Oh, the casualties are racking up. Tree falls down after the wind storm yesterday. The freezer just lost cooling ability (also yesterday?). So we shifted everything to the other frigs. Funny time for the freezer to die. 2" water in the garage and the freezer doesn't quit but waits for sunshine? I'm confused. But I'd rather die in nice weather, too.

Remember, guns don't kill people. Jealous husbands do.

I'll have to watch that one again, but I don't think so. Anyone else? The whole quote: "My father hung me on a hook once. Once."

Kiki may be able to google it. Not sure if she remembers that one though. Oldie, but a goodie! Cheers!

Oh, the casualties are racking up. Tree falls down after the wind storm yesterday. The freezer just lost cooling ability (also yesterday?). So we shifted everything to the other frigs. Funny time for the freezer to die. 2" water in the garage and the freezer doesn't quit but waits for sunshine? I'm confused. But I'd rather die in nice weather, too.

That's gonna drive me nuts (must use my memory, googhoul is cheating!) - A Christmas Story lol?

Anyone? Anyone? (Hint: what's a wheel and not a wheel?)

Hm. The fridge. Moisture frozen on could or dust on coils, wet?

You'll have plenty of firewood... or whittling to do... ☺️

And fathers of daughters !!!!

Back
Top Bottom