Pics
Also, if you have a mortgage on your property, don't let your lender bully you. You need your insurance money to keep a roof over you and your family's heads. Our lender wanted us to sign over a $250,000 check and they were going to send us $15,000 and send someone out to decide what they (the lender) thought we should do and how much money we really needed. (yes you read those numbers correctly). We had 5 feet of water inside our home for 3 weeks. Anyone who wants the whole story can PM me. Don't want to go on and on, just inform y'all of what you might expect.

Prepare for material prices to double or triple. It's a five hour drive to NOLA. Get a trailer and come on over and fill it up with materials when you can travel and are ready. Also be prepared to protect your material at your home, we had people stealing a/c s, copper pipe that had already been installed. Anything they could get their hands on and drag off. My neighbors think I am nuts, but I let it be known I would be laying in wait for anyone who thought they could steal from me. We didn't have problems with thieves! Or at least not the one's who come in the night.

how true that is @Ursuline Chick the stores that try to suck every cent out when people are at the low points
Thank you, not trying to high jack the thread, but there was so much we didn't or couldn't think about due to the stress. I don't want to see bad things happen to people who have already gone through so much. If anything I have posted helps one person, I will be thrilled. It is so much to go through that it is sometimes mind boggleing. Again we are still praying, today was a dressdown day at my daughter's school $5 min to dressdown and the families were encouraged to give more to go to schools in affected areas. Serviam (I will serve) in action.

I never gave thought you where hijacking anything but brought out one of the most wrong thing that can happen when a store has you in the bag so to speak agreeing with you
Oh, I didn't take it that way, just was worried cause I seem to be posting so much. But it truely is out of concern for all of you who have been through so much. Again, things I wish someone had told me before I had to deal with it while trying to insure my 2 and 1/2 year old was safe and had some type of security.

I understand see I live in a state that worst case for us would be earth quake or volcano's
but that would be the worst most horrible.. took me allot of years to realize just how fortunate this side of the mountains was always the right choice my Dad made moving us here from Wisconsin so many years ago.... I still often think of moving to Belgian before I die... maybe someday

I understand see I live in a state that worst case for us would be earth quake or volcano's
but that would be the worst most horrible.. took me allot of years to realize just how fortunate this side of the mountains was always the right choice my Dad made moving us here from Wisconsin so many years ago.... I still often think of moving to Belgian before I die... maybe someday
After Katrina, my sister-in-law said she was moving to someplace where there was no natural disasters, I told her when she found that place to let me know. She still lives here. We all have natural things that we have to worry about and prepare for. All the more reason we should all support eachother in any way we can. Thank you, Penny1960, for your concern for our area. Hope you get to retire to Belgiam.

Back
Top Bottom