Hurricane

Katie_cluckins

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2021
Guys I'm panicking.
I've 2 adults and 4 8week old chick's and a hurricane heading right for me in SE Louisiana.
The coop might not stand the wind if it's going to be as bad as predicted.
Can I put them all in my backgarden shed??? Any help would be appreciated

Guys I'm panicking.
I've 2 adults and 4 8week old chick's and a hurricane heading right for me in SE Louisiana.
If it's a prefab it probably won't hold up. Mine was crushed in Laura last year. Thankfully I just used it as a quarantine pen. Hopefully you are far enough east that won't be the case. The shed is a better option. Like I said, if it's a prefab coop.

If it's a prefab it probably won't hold up. Mine was crushed in Laura last year. Thankfully I just used it as a quarantine pen. Hopefully you are far enough east that won't be the case. The shed is a better option. Like I said, if it's a prefab coop.
Thanks I'll make some space in there. Fingers crossed they will be ok

Guys I'm panicking.
Hey there! I'm in EBR. Where are you?

I'm moving all my girls (3 year old hens and 2 18wk pullets) inside in large dog crates. You could also put them in a shower if needed.

If your shed is sturdy, and you're not more southern than Baton Rouge, I'd say they'd be fine in there. If there's windows, board them up.

Hey there! I'm in EBR. Where are you?

I'm moving all my girls (3 year old hens and 2 18wk pullets) inside in large dog crates. You could also put them in a shower if needed.

If your shed is sturdy, and you're not more southern than Baton Rouge, I'd say they'd be fine in there. If there's windows, board them up.
Hey, I'm in slidell, I've been thinking about the bathroom too as I don't want them to overheat.

Honestly mine have food water & a 4x8x8 shed enclosed on 3 sides .. they made it thru the hard freez and laura. Im expecting to lose probly my hurt duck, maybe a couple birds. But if SHTF the last thing im worried about is them. i will be upset. but there will be alot worse problems we all will be dealing with

Back
Top Bottom