Hurt Chick? HELP PLEASE

EurekaPaprika

Songster
6 Years
Apr 20, 2017
Utah
I just got some chicks. One is a dark Brahma. He is constantly distress chirping, but quiets if we hold him and pet his head. He drinks and eats but much less than the others. He has pasty butt but I have been cleaning it. He is constantly rubbing up to the other chicks for comfort but now that they're getting more active they bump him around. If he gets knocked down he stays down. I have never seen him sit or lay down. He keeps his wings hanging a bit low, almost in a presenting position. He seemed fine energy-wise on Saturday when we got them, but now he is just..... :( I can't tell what's wrong.

[/IMG]

I just got some chicks. One is a dark Brahma. He is constantly distress chirping, but quiets if we hold him and pet his head. He drinks and eats but much less than the others. He has pasty butt but I have been cleaning it. He is constantly rubbing up to the other chicks for comfort but now that they're getting more active they bump him around. If he gets knocked down he stays down. I have never seen him sit or lay down. He keeps his wings hanging a bit low, almost in a presenting position. He seemed fine energy-wise on Saturday when we got them, but now he is just.....
sad.png
I can't tell what's wrong.
Hi
frow.gif
Welcome To BYC

Can you post some photos of your brooder setup?
How warm is your brooder?

Do the best you can. Keep him warm and offer some poultry vitamins in the water.

Let us know how he's doing.

He didn't make it through the night :( RIP Ted.
Thank you for trying to help, Wyorp Rock. The chicks are in the house which is set to 70° F and since they are in a nippier room I did give them a light. I don't have a thermometer to be specific, but he or the other chicks never seemed to huddle by the light.
Here is a picture of the set up he was in before. I took him out last night after I found him laying with his wing out and another chick ended up standing on him. I put him in an identical set up that was right next to this one.

And for the distance of the light

I'm sorry for your loss.

Some chicks may be born with some type of internal problems or genetic disorder. Some are just too weak for some reason a just fail to thrive.

Back
Top Bottom