Hurt Roo-pics included. What's going on??

DavidandEm

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 3, 2013
Hi all!
Well, last Friday night, we had an attacker on our 'free-ranging' roos. I found my biggest roo (Hernando) half-eaten in their field shelter, with another one standing next to him, holding up a foot. David disposed of Hernando, and I put my little hurt roo in the coop with the hens to allow him time to recover. Well, nothing has changed since Saturday in his condition. Tail down, hobbling around a little-holding the hurt one in the air. He will eat and drink a little, but mostly just wants to lay down.
I've told myself and David if he isn't any better by tomorrow (showing ANY sign of improvement), we are going to need to cull him by the weekend..........I am just afraid he is suffering and I can't have that. :(
I've taken some pictures to see if anyone notices anything 'else' going on-ie: disease unrelated to the attacker, where the stress of the attack brought it out. If he is sick due to an illness, I need to cull him and make sure no one else gets it!!!!
Anyway, notes below the photos on what I noticed......
Thanks!
-Em

Head and comb-very much yellowed since last Friday....

Hurt foot-the only 'damage' I see is the dark spot on the toe...

Under his wings I did notice this white scaly stuff (!), and his skin was very very yellow!!!!!

Unhappy guy,.......:(

Most likely he injured his leg somehow. I have two roos that have been fighting and one is limping/holding up his leg. Its been about a week and he is walking on it now-its only noticable when he runs and does a lil hop. He probably pulled or sprained something higher up in his leg.

As far as scaly stuff-I can't tell from the pictures but is it mites or lice? If so you will want to treat that right away as it can make him sick as well as the others.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom