husband being shipped out with marines

Yes my friends Josh and I are married we've been that way since May 5th!!
smile.png
Josh is 19 and I am 18. Josh turned 19 July 1st and we aren't sure about base housing because then we will have to move and both of our families are here in this area. The closest base is four hours away according to Josh.

Our days together are growing shorter and usually most girls don't like clingy husbands/ boyfriends but the way that Josh clings to me when he can just relaxes me unlike anything else.
smile.png
I love him so much.

I'm glad to hear you are married for your own protection. That gives you LEGAL rights you just don't have if you aren't married and something happens. Military wives are much better taken care of than military 'baby mammas'.

Find out what support services are available for spouses of deployed soldiers. I'm sure someone in his chain of command can help you with that, whether he is reserves or active duty.

You may have already done all this, but don't lose sight of the pratical preparations you have to make in the middle of all the emotional turmoil!

From a pratical stand, make sure you have his paycheck deposited in a joint account so you have access to the funds, etc. Be sure you are listed on any life insurance policies and as next of kin in his military records. I know you don't want to think about that part of it, but it's important to be prepared, even if the 'worst' is unlikely to happen.

At any rate, it sounds also like you are concerned about your own father. I hope you can lean on Josh's family during this time and not your own, if you are fearing for your own safety around your family.

It's time now to grow up quickly and be able to take care of yourself and your baby while Josh is away.

I know it must be overwhelming at this time, but if you can pull yourself together and make smart preparations, you will serve yourself in good stead for not only this temporary separations but for ther rest of your lives together!

I hope everything goes just fine for you - please keep us posted and THANK YOU and Josh for making these sacrifices for us ALL!

God bless you and keep all three of you during this time!

Last edited:
Becky - You will be in all of our thoughts and prayers.

Just know that when you are feeling lonely or down - that somewhere someone out there at that very moment is praying for you and for Josh also. You will be in our prayers tomorrow.

I believe firmly in the power of prayer. I bet there are more than a few people on here would would join in agreement for your husbands protection. We can keep him covered daily. We are very proud and grateful to you both. There is a good plan for your lives- a plan for prosperity, not for calamity....

Thank you to all I will keep you all posted!!

I am next of Kin on his records and we are trying everything in our power to prepare. Josh told me this morning that he's going to call and see if there is a way that his ship date can be moved back and if that is possible if there is a way that he can still be by my side during the birth of our child.

Becky you and Josh are both in our thoughts and prayers. My son is military, and they live in base housing. It may be away from your family,but they have so much they can help you with. Be sure to get all your military ID as you will need it when you go to the hospital and most of the time on base they have a great deal of help esp for new wives and you will meet friends that will stay with you for life.I'm on line a lotso any time youwant to talk PM me, I may be old but I appreciate what both you and josh are doing.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
marrie

My best wishes to you....I've been there.....and it never got any easier with each deployment. Thank goodness that part of our life is done.....three kids needed a father so when his window opened up, he got out....time served!!!! I can't say it'll get any easier...it doesn't...you just get use to it. A lot of the wives will lean on each other for support...that is usually a good support system. Personally....the wives were a bit younger than me and I worked full-time, so I didn't get too involved...had to deal with things on my own....kids kept me busy. Hang in there....it's bittersweet falling in love with a military guy....sending good thoughts your way.
hugs.gif

Oh yeah.. You need to get your power of attorney in order before he leaves or you'll have a hard time taking care of any business while he's gone. I just read you two were recently married....CONGRATS!!
jumpy.gif
And I just realized how old I am when I saw your age....the same as my son....yikes!! Where does the time go???????
Good luck!

Gosh, you two are so young. So much to deal with. Stay strong. I hope he can be there for you when your child is born, but don't count on it. When my son in law was in the marines he claimed he'd be home to see the birth of his child. Well, he didn't make it home in time. I was in the delivery room with my daughter when she had the baby. If you can, hope you have someone that will be there for you when the time comes. Good Luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom