Husband just died

I never judge anyone from court records, unless I truly know them, like my brother. People make mistakes when they are young, but can turn their lives around to become productive people in society. You will never truly know a person if you do not give them a chance.

If my record showed what they tried to charge me with 12 years ago against my husband's ex-wife, there is no telling what you all would think about me. But, without the whole story, you would make a judgement about me, that would be way off of my character.

So, I never judge a book by it's cover.

I say take it one day at a time, you will eventually learn if this guy is someone that you want to be around or not.

I have to admit I lurk through here regularly
smile.png

I personally think the "religious guy" sounds nice, kind of fumbling, but nice. Of course, I'm the last person to consult on how to properly court and commit to someone, since I went through the process completely backwards, but hey, DH and I are happy.

Also, though my folks have their ups and downs, my mom "found" religion to the tune of Catholicism a couple years ago, and it's made her happy. My dad isn't a church guy, but he knows it means a lot to her, and manages to make it to Mass a couple times a year, and lets her go on church retreats and such. Lots of folks with mismatched beliefs do make it through life together, though it is something to work out from the get go.

Like you said, one day at a time.
smile.png

Quote:
In that he is completely different than my late husband.

Wayne was tall, good-looking (looked a bit like a more Caucasian version of John Redcorn on King of the Hill since he was only 1/4 Indian), former musician who has jammed with Rush, met Ozzy Osbourne, Jimmy Page and many others, deep sexy voice, uber Old World German and utterly confident of his race's superiority over my mere Polish ancestry. Being a former musician he was used to women flocking around him, y'know the groupie type "Oooh, you're a musician."

Actually, Wayne had a prison sentence. Long story, non-violent crime. Of course I didn't know this until I had been with him a few months. The day we met was the day he got out of prison and a friend picked him up at the bus station in Bay City and brought him into teh restaurant where I worked for a cup of coffee. His friend introduced us--honestly, I didn't pay a whole lot of attention at the time--but Wayne went back to work locally and became a regular at the restaurant. After it closed down, I saw him in passing occasionally. The friend that introduced us helped me move into the house I was renting and he mentioned to Wayne that I had a lot of books. So Wayne stopped over one day to look at my books. And that was it.

With the religious guy, he's a custodian at the school I work at, so I had seen him around in passing. Again, didn't pay a whole lot of attention to him mainly because I was married. Then one day I was in the break room making copies and he had come in to work early to eat and was in there eating. We made some really inane small talk and when he got up to leave he said, "Hope to see you around." Something about the way he said it made me look twice at him (and didn't see a wedding ring), but it sounded genuine, like he really DID want to see me. So I asked if he wanted my phone number, figuring the worst he could say was that he was already seeing someone and nothing would change in my life. He nervously said, "Yeah. So ... what do you like to do?" When I mentioned horses, he perked right up and said that his daughter liked horses and he wanted her to take lessons.

Though I hate to compare him to Wayne, he's not as good-looking (he's not bad-looking, just kinda normal looking), gets a little nervous around me, his compliments come out kinda weird sounding at times, his voice is kinda nasal sounding, he has dentures (he was in a bad car accident as a teenager and lost a lot of his permanent teeth) and has a receding hairline so he's a bit self-conscious about his looks, but he is sweet and he's very devoted to his daughter. Plus, he likes my homemade cheese. Wayne never ate my homemade cheese.

Honey, you deserve to be happy. Wayne sounds like a wonderful guy. I doubt this new guy could ever compete with Wayne's memory. Luckily, he doesn't have to. You can remember Wayne with lots of love, but it doesn't mean that your love life is over. If you think that this guy could make you happy, and you want to give him the chance, go for it (slowly
smile.png
). Don't feel obligated to be interested, just because HE is interested. and likes your cheese.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Honestly,

I really do like him. He doesn't drink or go to bars and he's fine with taking it slow. Honestly, the lack of Prussian arrogance that I was so accustomed to is refreshing.

I didn't date DH for the longest, years, because (shhhhhhh) I didn't find him as sexy and attractive as the other guys I was with. Besides, he rocked a mullet for a long time after they went out of style. We even talked about dating once and decided it wouldn't work because he was too straitlaced for me.

Well, I was wrong
smile.png
I think he's pretty yummy now, because he works hard, cares a lot, and makes me safe and happy. Somehow those traits morphed his looks into being more pleasing to me than ever. He also doesn't have a mullet (though he's going gray FAST - and I'm finding that incredibly yummy too).

I'd like it if DH made me homemade cheese....but that ain't EVER happening! LOL!

Quote:
This really cracked me up! I love the mullet story. I have always been a firm believer that you should never date or marry based on looks alone. Those less attractive ones in my opinion, are the best catch. They work hard and love even harder. Although, I find my husband quite yummy as well, I'm sure that not everyone else does, but that's okay, he does all the right things for me.

Go with your heart not your eyes!!

Back
Top Bottom