➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Beautiful Blues!

No tags here....yet. Will have to check with Wildlife about getting some. We have a total of 410 acres, running cattle on two properties. We take no prisoners when our livestock and poultry are threatened.

We had a mountain lion on our 160 acre wooded property; warned by one of the neighbor's while we were gathering possum grapes. That cat scream makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck and sends chills to your core...it sounded like a woman screaming too.

We have battened down all hatches, locked every coop, mounted the camera where it should catch three pen areas, set 4 snap traps chained to the posts, and arranged two snares on top of gate entrances. The guns are loaded by the back door too.

And we are hearing thunder with storms around us. Lily has begun reacting to the anxiety in out local weatherman's voice. Here she is in my lap before and after a clap of thunder. The whites of her eyes just kills me.
View attachment 1505191 View attachment 1505192
View attachment 1505190
Nanners!
:love:love:love:love

For those of you that had to say possum grapes twice...like if you said it the second time it would somehow come to you...
Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 9.04.48 PM.png

I forgot to tell you guys, my little Olive Manx baby had to go to the dr today :hit. She had upset tummy from changing foods even though I tried my best to avoid sudden changes. Anyway, she is now taking kitty probiotics and kitty pepto!:eek: no kidding! How cute is that?

KITTY PEPTO!!!!:lau That sounds like one of those young You Tubers who has her own channel and thinks she's like and expert in all gastric ailments lol! Say I'm wrong! You can't!:lau
What in the world :th
Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 9.08.21 PM.png

I skipped ahead :oops: I am back working in the same place I worked last, just a different job. So there are still lots of people I know. No more working holidays, weekends or having to take call and more money. So I can't complain. Thanks for asking, things went pretty well. How is everybody here doing? I feel like I have been away from y'all forever.:( :barnie
Are you working late hours with Mr. Nola again?
I am glad you are familiar with the place and some of the peeps.

Beautiful Blues!

No tags here....yet. Will have to check with Wildlife about getting some. We have a total of 410 acres, running cattle on two properties. We take no prisoners when our livestock and poultry are threatened.

We had a mountain lion on our 160 acre wooded property; warned by one of the neighbor's while we were gathering possum grapes. That cat scream makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck and sends chills to your core...it sounded like a woman screaming too.

We have battened down all hatches, locked every coop, mounted the camera where it should catch three pen areas, set 4 snap traps chained to the posts, and arranged two snares on top of gate entrances. The guns are loaded by the back door too.

And we are hearing thunder with storms around us. Lily has begun reacting to the anxiety in out local weatherman's voice. Here she is in my lap before and after a clap of thunder. The whites of her eyes just kills me.
View attachment 1505191 View attachment 1505192
View attachment 1505190

Awww

The frozen ones probably taste the same as long as they don't get freezer burn, but the texture might be different.
Fresh eggs can last for a super long time, but remember to date them, and used up the oldest ones first. The float test can tell you which ones are older, but the sniff test will tell you good or bad.
I can't tell you exactly how long the will stay fresh for you because it depends on a few different factors but you can always run an experiment!

Thanks for the info!!

I thought maybe they'd get watery or something. Idk if I could deal with the texture lol but I'd have to. I think it said add salt or sugar so it doesn't gel? Sounds gross to me aha

I am curious how long but do not want to waste eggs lol

But yeah, I am like adamant about using oldest first lol don't write dates though but may start. Lately we've all been eating more eggs so we can barely keep a dozen. Bought some store ones so I can save but some people still used ours lol

I will run an experiment maybe or just collect a ton now and prohibit them from eating them. Maybe don't refrigerate at first? Or just not collect for a few days but it's so hot out.

Nanners!
:love:love:love:love

For those of you that had to say possum grapes twice...like if you said it the second time it would somehow come to you...
View attachment 1505408

Here I thought it was just a polite way of saying possum poop. :lau

Are you working late hours with Mr. Nola again?
I am glad you are familiar with the place and some of the peeps.
No I am working days and get to make my own hours once orientation is over. Another perk. God is good, I feel very blessed. How are the quails, is the pepto baby feeling any better?

No I am working days and get to make my own hours once orientation is over. Another perk. God is good, I feel very blessed. How are the quails, is the pepto baby feeling any better?
Today's quail pics: Click here> My Coop

I might be ready for them to go outside.
Gosh they are starting to poop A LOT!

Back
Top Bottom