I almost lost my One-yr old Last night :(

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Quote:
Here's the link to the news story covering this issue, just in case you're interested
smile.png

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/10/19/60minutes/main3386661.shtml

This concoction has been around for eons! Native Americans ate it when the settlers got here! The food is a ball of dried milk, peanut butter and honey and some times other items like raisins. Native Americans made some thing very like it. We've been feeding it to our kids as the original power bar snack.

Problem here in US may be additives etc, BUT one thought among nutritionists is that peanut allergies are such a problem here because kids get peanut based foods too early and too often. Many people don't realize how much peanut there is in many formulas and kids foods. (Not that OP did anything wrong!!) Just saying it is one area that is being investigated. One reason they're looking at it is so that the supplements giving in developing nations don't cause the same problem there.​

We think the baby was sensitized through my breastmilk since he was exclusively breastfed and I love peanut butter, there was no way of knowing but I agree with you, I think that is why western kids have such peanutproblems. I can say that I'm so thank my son wasn't exposed until after 1 though any younger and it would have been that much worse. I didn't my 4.5yr old daughter peanutbutter until after 3yrs b/c he scared me so much
hmm.png

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Quote:
Here's the link to the news story covering this issue, just in case you're interested
smile.png

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/10/19/60minutes/main3386661.shtml

This concoction has been around for eons! Native Americans ate it when the settlers got here! The food is a ball of dried milk, peanut butter and honey and some times other items like raisins. Native Americans made some thing very like it. We've been feeding it to our kids as the original power bar snack.

Problem here in US may be additives etc, BUT one thought among nutritionists is that peanut allergies are such a problem here because kids get peanut based foods too early and too often. Many people don't realize how much peanut there is in many formulas and kids foods. (Not that OP did anything wrong!!) Just saying it is one area that is being investigated. One reason they're looking at it is so that the supplements giving in developing nations don't cause the same problem there.​

Agree completely!

Back
Top Bottom