I am a baby chicken killer

I felt horrible when I dropped an egg, and the little baby in it died. And then this hatch I had to cull 2. I felt awful! The first was an accident, the second I had to do, but was more heartbreaking.
hugs.gif

Sometimes owning pets it hard, but we learn from our mistakes.

One of the chicks I had to cull was very disfigured...I had helped it to hatch. I don't know if I have learned not to help, or to know the consequences that if I help, what I might have to do later.

I am sorry you experienced this, and the cat. Wow, the kitty story....I am very sorry.

hugs.gif

Aww honey, i'm so sorry
sad.png
You aren't a killer, it wasn't deliberate. Don't be too hard on yourself. I killed a chick with a waterer once ( post is probably still here somewhere ) and I cried for days. Things happen with babies in and out of the shell. I'm sure Pumpkin will be fine with the older babies in a few days. I've got several that I hatched out that went in with the older chicks after about a week.

I've done it...and boy, he still won't let me live it down. First time, was going through candling the eggs, well got two of them, said, they aren't any good. He took them out to check to see how far they developed until they went bad, two of them were just fine. Ugh, broke my heart that I didn't catch that they were just smaller then what I thought they should've been. The second time, I helped hatch. Ugh, poor guy made it 4 days, thought he was going to make it, was doing good, but he never got the yolk asorbed. Promised myself the only time I will help with them, is when it's my turn to clean up the exploded bad eggs.

Hey, this is all part of the learning process, don't make yourself ill with grief. Otherwise, it's not worth it. You have to be strong and understand the laws of nature. This is exactly what I tell myself. I'm a real softy like yourself. Animals are my passion. Smile for your family and let it go.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom