I am a little worried about my parakeet

Livvy0987

Songster
Oct 13, 2020
Colorado
I recently got a parakeet, I was working on training him and he flew away. He bumped into the window. It wasn’t to hard but I’m I am worried. He more aggressive than usual. I went to look at him to see if he was okay and he tried to bite me. He seems to be shaking and his eyes are closed. If you know what to do please help

My parrotlet has taken some pretty hard hits, one took him over an hour or two to completely recover from. He was very dazed. From my experience, letting your little one rest it off is usually the best cure!

My parrotlet has taken some pretty hard hits, one took him over an hour or two to completely recover from. He was very dazed. From my experience, letting your little one rest it off is usually the best cure!
Thank you so much! I was freaking out. Should I cover his cage? Thank you!!!

I forgot to add when he hit the window he flew away. He didn’t fall or anything
It's a very good sign that he was able to fly away by himself. He is probably disoriented, and that is why he is biting. Yes, he would probably appreciate a quiet spot with your keeping an eye on him every now and then. Don't try to handle him too much until he sleeps it off. It probably feels to him like a very bad hangover, lol. Poor guy.

I've had parakeets and all sorts.
He'll be absolutely fine.
If he fell to the floor after he hit the window then I'd be worried but he should be ok.
Thank you, he was flying around after but had no interest in a treat when I was going to reward him for coming back. This is my first time owning one and he’s pretty new to this house. I have read so many sad story’s about them dying and then I freaked out. When I saw him I knew he was the one. He was super friendly from the start. The lady said he had never been held or trained. I didn’t want to loose him so quick. As I was typing this he/she just started singing again. Thank you so much!

one of my month old babies flew into the plexiglass window about 3 times today and ended up on the floor. we were able to pick him up and put him back on the perch. it happens quite a bit. Chances are that there is no serious injury. I would watch him overnight and see if all better by tomorrow but he’s probably mad and it may be a bit of a setback in training, as you will have to regain some trust. are wings clipped?? that can make it more difficult for them when they do fly away.

Back
Top Bottom