I am going insane!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by first time farmer, Nov 30, 2010.

1. first time farmer

first time farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    So yesterday I got surgery on my ankle to remove scar tissue and bone fragments. I had to sit for most of the day yesterday and I have to sit at home all day today. I am on crutches and can hardly walk. I am not one to sit around alll day lol Its driving me crazy to not be able to do my chores and what not lol

2. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    Relax, take advantage of it. Heal your ankle so you can go strong when you are better. Take this as an opportunity to just be. Your chores will be there when you are healed. It's okay.

3. first time farmer

first time farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Thats what evey one is telling me haha Its weird to be sitting here. I havnt watched tv in so long its weird to be watching it. lol

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Good luck and heal quickly. You know it could be worse. I have a friend who is blind in one eye. He developed a detached retina in his good eye. Post surgery he had to sit in a chair for 1 week. He was allowed out of the chair 10 minutes every two hours. Blind in one eye, unable to see out of the bandaged eye, and basically immobilized. Can you imagine? Oh, did I forget to mention that he is a driven type A personality. Not fun, not fun, not fun-----. Again good luck, and heal quickly.

5. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Myfunnyworld has just the sign for you...

[​IMG]

Think my worst 'lay up' was after DS's (emergency) C-section... when I had to watch my (brand new and didn't want to offend her) MIL change him... those wipes right there... NOOOO... let's dunk the 3 day old under the SINK to rinse his patootie.

Meanwhile DH is trying to barrel in and FIL sticks his arm out and says "No son, they know what they're doing" [​IMG]

I HATE being immobile... or even hobbly.

6. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Let it heal. Got any hobbies like carving stone or wood? Knitting? It might be the time to write your memoirs.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by