I am going to scream!

First let me say that I live in a bit of a hollow, like an ampitheater, so all the sounds from my neighbors are amplified.

My first neighbor (property bordering mine) had a mini race car. He would often be out revving up the engine as he worked on it. He moved and the new neighbors run motorcycles on the property on Sundays, all day. (Their place is now in forclosure and they are gone).

The people next door to them have kids that SCREAM and yell and fight all the time.. one always ends up crying.

A few other people have beagles (lots of beagles in my town, one has a kennel of 15 dogs, thats 5 mls away but we know when it's feeding time!) Beagles and dogs are always barking etc..

Another neighbor has a donkey thats always baying.. I think it's funny and enjoy him, she's mortified how loud he is!

I refuse to let what my neighbors do bother me, cause I'm assuming they can here me yelling at the dogs to get their butt up to the house, or stop eatting poop etc. Plus I'm sure my dogs bark during the day etc. I've got 5 roosters and one goose that never shuts up if we're outside. I've a couple dogs that don't like eachother and they've gotten into fights. Some times when the dogs that get along play, they sound like they're fighting.. so who knows what my neighbors think of us!

I figure it's their property, they can do what they want, if they leave me alone too.

Last edited:
I'm lucky too. My neighbors haven't been here 30 years, but they respect their neighbors including me. I'm sure that if you wanted to build a track on your 36 acres you would situate it where it wouldn't annoy the neighbors. If you want to make a bunch of noise you need a bigger piece of property, like you have.

About the only thing I can think of that you could do is check to see if they got a permit for the mudtrack. Just because it is the country you still need to be approved for things.

This is not true, yes county government would love to control that aspect of our life but they cannot do that yet. The remedy for that type of control (noise ordinances and the like) come with incorporation to a city. Personal use is exempt for most activities as long as public safety is not a concern, which means you can do pretty much what you want on RURAL land. If it was ran as a business than zoning laws would be in effect but not for personal enjoyment.
Quote:

Quote:
Yet, you suggest base jumping.

it was tongue in cheek, also it is a non noisy form of an adrenalin rush therefor, does not annoy me

lol.png

i am begining to realize my strange sense of humor does not come through the internet well

I would look at it from an ecological and agricultural viewpoint. A: If you are making part of your living from your livestock and they are disrupting that - you can sue for damages. You may also have grounds to sue to for diminished enjoyment and emotional distress. You can also contact the EPA, if they are disturbing what was otherwise a wetland type area. You say it is a mud track, how did the mud get there? Did they drill a well to fill it? If not and it was a wetland, they are screwing up bigtime with the EPA.

Last edited:
Quote:
I sympathize with you, I really really do. that would drive me insane!! But....like you said...it's a " do what you want with your property" kind of area. That kind of gives him the right to do what he wants. It is terribly inconconsiderate, but he is within his right to operate his business. It's the risk all of us take when we chose to buy property in unrestricted areas. I have 28 acres and my land back up to hundreds of acres of undeveloped land. So far, all is well. But there is nothing preventing a chemical plant or a hog farm from opening there and there is nothing I can do about it, short of buying up that land. These annoying businesses have to be somewhere. They are going to be someone's neighbor. If not you, then someone else. The only way to guarantee what kind of neighbors youwill have is to live in a restricted area. I am really sorry though. I know how much you hate that your peace has been destroyed. I know how much I'd hate it.

Quote:
Yet, you suggest base jumping.

it was tongue in cheek, also it is a non noisy form of an adrenalin rush therefor, does not annoy me

lol.png

i am begining to realize my strange sense of humor does not come through the internet well

I sure understand that statement Kristy.....

Lots of things I post in fun or to just bring a little humor into a thread that is getting heated sorta blow up in my face.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom