I am gonna have another grandbaby in july or aug.

Chicken Obsessed, I know how you feel. Same thing happened to me with more than one child. It was rough going for quite some time with one of them, and FINALLY they came around and realized that they were parents. I too said everything and did everything I thought was right. Not only that, but I practiced what I preached, and they were all raised with God (not specifically in church every sunday), but...!
Believe me when I tell you we are never taken serously until they are about the age of 25, sometimes older. I will pray for you and your daughter. Just be prepared to do most of the parenting for a long time. Or at least most of the B----h--g about their parenting until they get it. The first six weeks after birth will trick you cause you think they are going to be alright. But then realization hits, getting up during the night feedings, crying for no reason, sometimes colicky, can't go out with friends, nope... party time is over. Get my drift? So yes I'll be praying for you.
smile.png

You are a very good mom , standing by your daughter's side. She will need you. Good luck to you. All of you will be fine. Let this be a time of celebration of a new life in the next year to come. PLease enjoy this xmas (if you celebrate). good luck and God bless you.
hugs.gif

always,
Andrea

hugs.gif
Just love and support your daughter, and when the baby comes let HER be the mom, and step in when she needs help! Her life is not ruined, her future is not bleak, it's just all going in a different direction now. I had to move home with my parents when I got pregnant with my first child, since my husband at the time decided he wanted me to have an abortion and got himself a girlfriend. I didn't want to be alone with a baby and my family was wonderful. They helped out when I needed it but weren't pushy and telling me how I should do everything, they let me mother my own child in peace. I disagree with anyone who says that women in your daughters situation should be left to fend for themselves, that just isn't very sensible. The whole idea of being completely "independent" and "on your own" is a very new idea that doesn't seem to be working very well for society as a whole. The closed off nuclear family only developed around the time of, and because of, the industrial revolution. The REAL traditional family is much larger, cross-generational, and functions as a working unit. We see what happens when you take one or two people and leave them on their own, with little assistance and instruction from other family members, especially older experienced ones. I think your daughter's life will be a good one, with a good future.

I am a little excited. still not overly excited. I know it will come for i really do love babies and want another grandbaby. I will cherish this baby like i do baby Ayden.

Back
Top Bottom