I am so proud

KristyHall

Crowing
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
North Alabama
this batch of chicks is so far the best I've hatched.
I've been breeding my birds for certain traits and this batch has potential.
The moment they hatched they were active and pecking , the moment they were removed from the incubator and put in the brooder they were rapidly eating and drinking. They have gone through feed three times faster than any chicks I have raised. They are growing faster, they are faster moving, more active, more responsive to stimuli and yet are very very sweet. They actively seek out being touched by me.

At the slightest hint of anything new they dive for cover, get silent and completely still, a good survivor trait. If the new thing approaches them they run away from the object or attack it.

Once they are use to the object they no longer react that way but it takes several times.

Also, by five days old many have completely feathered out on their wings and some are already jumping up on the waterer and trying to get out.

I have bread them from heavy breeds btw, so they are larger.

Anyone else have "Super chicks?" any advice or comments or stories?

I haven't been an active breeder so I don't really have anything to add, but it is great that they are so healthy and it will be interesting to see what traits develop as they grow.

Back
Top Bottom