I am such a sucker

Quote:
I want kittens, I would like to have quite a few. I will find places for most of them. A lot of people around here are asking for cats/kittens on CL. We live in a huge farming community and everyone needs cats on the farm. I would never pay someone to fix an animal small or large- we will do it ourselves if we feel there is a need. It is not that hard to do.

Do you spay females yourself? Thats an interesting concept. We have gelded/neutered our own animals inlcuding a dog once and several male cats--that wasn't difficult. But spay is an invasive surgery requireing opening the abdominal cavity.

Quote:
Exactly. I've watched spays before when shadowing, and it's not something anyone except a professional with equipment can do.

I'm sorry, but it's just plain irresponsible. I also live around a farming community, and I've seen what the mentality does. You say "Oh, nothing bad will happen..." but before long there is a huge feral cat colony that nobody can control. They interbreed, and keep on breeding. There is no end to it. My great grandmother lives very close to a huge farm. We went one day, and there were cats everywhere... too many cats. They were sickly, overpopulated, underfed... it was awful. They didn't even know how many cats they had.

There may be people wanting kittens, but that doesn't excuse anyone from not spaying their animals. There are many shelters around the nation and if they can afford proper veterinary care and care for the kitten, they can afford to adopt one from a shelter.

Back
Top Bottom