I am switching my dogs to raw (Need people with experience)

Okay, thanks. This morning they didn't get fed til about 10:00 (I sleep really late on weekends...) and she did eat, so I guess she's just not hungry when I usually feed them at about 6:30. I've been giving her enough to make up for it in the evenings, so it's not like she isn't eating as much as she should, I just thought it was odd. They are getting what I think is dove (could be quail, I'm not entirely sure but it's been in the freezer for a while) tomorrow, which should be exciting
tongue.png
And we'll be processing an extra rooster pretty soon, so they get neck, feet, and organs (when they're ready for organs) from it. Naturalfeddogs, you said to wait about a month before feeding liver, right?

I would give at least two months before organs. Make sure you get through all the other proteins first, without any issues. Then, start organs with a very tiny about at first, and just build up from there each week or so. Organs are very very rich, and liver in particular is high in vitamen A, so weekly is all that will really be needed. Or, smaller amounts a couple times a week is fine too.

Back
Top Bottom