I Can’t Get No Satisfaction July Adopt-an-Egg Hatch-a-Long 🇬🇧

Pics
Only 1 of mine out of the 14 eggs I received dozen + 2, hatched. about half never showed development and rest where quitters at different stages. Anyway had to emergency contact my friend, and she was kind enough to give 2 lil black silkies to keep my loan ayam happy.

Are the eggs you are hatching from your own hens, or were they shipped eggs?

I also tried a dry hatch, but them being ebay shipped eggs, there is no telling, but this 2nd set of eggs, I am doing 100f, 60% the whole way through. The seller said this in there instructions.

"
- Please set your incubator at 101 degrees and the humidity above 60-70, because the Ayam Cemani breed come from Tropical Weather. They’re kind of very hard level for hatching. "

But I did a dry hatch anyway and got 1 chick. Same seller, same shipping method, but I got 14 replacement eggs, and I set my incubator to 100f, and 60% this time around.​
The eggs I hatch come from my flock, I collect the eggs every day. I think I will adjust the temp on my incubator next go around. Luckily, one of my hens just went broody again, so I will put these eggs under her and keep my fingers crossed 🤞

Back
Top Bottom