I cannot believe what my neighbor did today.....

Pearl honey, it must be past midnight where you are at and you are still stressed. :aww
hugs.gif
You need a nice soothing cup of hot tea with a good stiff shot of Jim Beam, and to take a good deep breath. I used to let my dam neighbor dan, get me worked up like this, and it just raised my blood pressure to the point that I was nearly on medication for it, and I was a raging insomniac. I used to grind my teeth at night and obsess about ways to get revenge on him. Now he just amuses me, and it is a game because I realize he a is powerless, pathetic, drunk who is just as miserable as I used to be.
Your children were not harmed, they are safe in their beds. You were angry, but now you need to let that go for the night and you need to relax. I am worried for you. You have a good game plan for tomorrow and all the help you need from a whole message board full of folks wanting to help you. Ball that anger up and toss it in the corner gal, you will live a lot longer. My blood pressure went from 160/100 to 110/70 when I finally threw the ball back to dan, now he is the one with the heart problems.

All I have to say is NO ONE would be allowed to lay hands on my child. One of us would have been hauled away by the deputy. Old or crazy or whatever.... NO ONE is allowed to lay hands on my children in that way.

Calamity......I don't sleep. Rarely do I sleep. If you'll notice, most of my posts are made in the wee morning hours! I do my best thinking at night,...... and during the day, I clean like a mad woman. I usually sleep every third night.

My neighbor isn't really eating away at me.........I just hate conflict in any part of my life. My husband calls me a 'fixer'. Maybe thats why I don't sleep? I will be planning how to address Joan until 5 am, when I fall asleep til 8:30. HMMMMM......that cocktail sounds good.........could that be considered 'medicinal' in my current dilemma?
big_smile.png

I think it would be. To get you a few extra hours of sleep!
wink.png

This is a terrible situation and I am really sorry your kids have to go through this. The good thing is though, that they will learn from it and learn how to handle a situation like this.

Keep us updated, please.
hugs.gif

WOW! I used to be like that! Longest jag I ever went on was 5 days in a row with less than 7 hours of sleep. I was a cop back then, carrying a gun, and working 3 jobs and trying to save the world. I ended up in the hospital and they found out I had a glitch in my brain that had been damaged when I had a car accident. I wish I could go back to getting by on less sleep, and now I average 4-5 hours a night, but that is only because I take meds for it. I think us insomniacs could rule the world if allowed out!!
gig.gif

I hope things go better for you today, but remember, with the recurrent strokes, she most likely does have frontal lobe brain damage, and like another writer said, she seems to have impulse control issues as well as issues with boundaries. She may not be processing the fact that she is doing anything wrong. So threatning her or scolding her, is like threatning or scolding a retarded child. I have a child with mental retardation and I can tell you that they often dont process that they have done anything wrong, (if you wait too long to scold them) and they sometimes will do the same thing again, even if they get hurt, because their processing is skewed. My grandma was a stroke victim, and she went from the most wonderful, sweetest, kindest person I ever knew, to an angry, paranoid, lost soul. The mri of her brain showed that the area of the brain where the personality is lodged, was damaged, so that what made her, her, was destroyed. Please take that into consideration.

Being that she is making threats and is paranoid, you need to also be aware of the fact that if she feels threatened, she may react violently. Do you know if she has access to a gun? If she does, that brings a whole nother level of threat to the situation. I still think you need to let the social workers get involved and see if they can evaluate her. Be careful hun, I am praying for you guys.

I don't really care if she's mentally unstable or not. As Buster said, NO ONE touches my kids except me. I'd be filing charges ASAP. Let her know that she cannot get away with that ridiculous behavior.

Quote:
Are you serious? The lady has put her hands on other peoples kids and videotaped them. She threatens them and calls the law on them. I would not be baking cookies I would be getting the mental ward involved and get a restraining order. I would in no way allow my children around her. She is dangerous to the children they do not need to take her cookies.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom